Children's Bee Suits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonstandard

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
9 colonies & 2 nucs
There seems to be a good variety of suppliers of children's bee suits with an equal variety of prices.

I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old who are showing an interest and would like to encourage them as much as possible, even if they only become close observers I will be happy.

Obviously the suit will have a limited life due to growing kids but I don't want to buy something that does not protect well, is poor quality or will not last.

Has anyone bought one recently or does anyone have any views/recommendations?

I bought one for my 4 year old from modern beekeeping great quality and not too expensive

Thanks for your input, even you drstitson gave me a laugh if nothing else, looking at Modern Beekeeping and Bee Basic for the kids suits.

I bought my seven year old just a jacket like me as I dont wear overtrousers when beekeeping. Big mistake as he got stung through his jeans during an inspection one day. I would therefore recommend buying a full suit.

I have one from bee basic and its ok but the one my son has from modern is much better quality

when I started (12 years) I got one that was huge for me and it didn't hinder working the bees and I only had to buy a new one when i was 15 and had grown about a foot

Got a BB wear thick astronaut-type suit for my 9yo. Oversized but at that price, gulp. Well-made and up to the job. She took it to school this week along with some drone and worker comb and a memory stick of macro photos of mine as the Y5/6 class are studying bees (and WW2 but I think unrelated). She got a head teacher's cert for her efforts (and modelling skills...lol).

Got one for my kids from modern beekeeping, not too expensive & works fine so would recommend

Well,

Santa came up trumps with the beesuits, I ordered one online from Modern Beekeeping and it is a great quality item which arrived promptly, Thanks Rooftops.

The original plan was for the kids to share the suit but we couldn't figure out how to get them both in it and both still be able to see ;)

I have been watching loads of kids suits on ebay assuming that sooner or later one would come along at the right price and low and behold a slight second came up just before Christmas - link - I know I'm bragging but £10 delivered for a kids beesuit has got to be a bargain. There is nothing wrong with the quality either not as good as the other one but it will last longer than it fits and still be good to pass on.

BTW my 7yo little girl's fave present is the beesuit (from Modern Beekeeping), which means I could have saved a fortune on buying a b****y bike :D
The kids were invited to take their best pressie to Church on the Sunday after Christmas so there's my daughter in her beesuit smiling away and some of the other kids with their ipads, DSi's and electric guitars thinking she's lost the plot but she knows what it's about beesuit = quality time or at least 'till she discovers boys :eek:

"but she knows what it's about beesuit = quality time or at least 'till she discovers boys"

i know its a few (many) years down the line but don't you think it'll be seen as being a little over protective insisting that little miss beek goes out on dates in a bee suit??? i know the youngsters are dressed as t**ts at a young age nowadays but at least make sure next model she gets is a pink one!!!

and cruel on the spotty hormonal young lads too - they'll have enough trouble getting to grips with the catch on their first bras let alone getting in through all the zips and velcro first!!!

BTW does "quality time" equate to unpaid slave to grown up beek?

and cruel on the spotty hormonal young lads too - they'll have enough trouble getting to grips with the catch on their first bras

Wasnt like that in my day..

Only girls wore bras.

I recommended these suits recently and I am sure a small one would suit growing kids.

From ebuygum of course:

"but she knows what it's about beesuit = quality time or at least 'till she discovers boys"

i know its a few (many) years down the line but don't you think it'll be seen as being a little over protective insisting that little miss beek goes out on dates in a bee suit??? i know the youngsters are dressed as t**ts at a young age nowadays but at least make sure next model she gets is a pink one!!!

and cruel on the spotty hormonal young lads too - they'll have enough trouble getting to grips with the catch on their first bras let alone getting in through all the zips and velcro first!!!

BTW does "quality time" equate to unpaid slave to grown up beek?

Actually, my goddaughter has expressed an interest in checking ouit my bees this spring, which is handy as her old man is also thinking of getting some bees, too.

Latest posts

Back