Cheap super frames and foundation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15-ish
Not used them before but noticed that Bee Equipment currently have this offer on, given the current flow thought some others on here might benefit too as if truly desperate you can just switch capped frames out and extract:

https://bee-equipment.co.uk/collect...-grade-assembled-wired-wax-foundation-10-pack
Under £10 for 10 national super frames and foundation (with caveat).

For transparency: I'm not under receiving any commission/reward/threat from @Patrick1!

Ideal if you use foundationless! You could use the assembled frames and sell on the foundation!!!!

Great price - 92p each.

In comparison, second frames on sale are usually sold in batches of 50s at £28 so 56p each.
The foundation on that site is £6.50 for a pack of 10 so 65p each.
Already at £1.21 before you consider the time-saving.

Don't deliver to NI though unfortunately.

Great price - 92p each.

In comparison, second frames on sale are usually sold in batches of 50s at £28 so 56p each.
The foundation on that site is £6.50 for a pack of 10 so 65p each.
Already at £1.21 before you consider the time-saving.

Don't deliver to NI though unfortunately.
Deliver is about £9 tho. But still probably a good deal if you order a few

Just received my frames and unlike the ones I ordered, which were supposed to assembled without the wax, mine are pristine but unassembled!
I have to build the bloody things now..... I was looking forward to just putting starter strips in and letting them draw them next year.
I feel I've been ripped off but the way the invoice is worded it appears I got what I ordered. Maybe Patrick will explain what happened?

Just received my frames and unlike the ones I ordered, which were supposed to assembled without the wax, mine are pristine but unassembled!
I have to build the bloody things now..... I was looking forward to just putting starter strips in and letting them draw them next year.
I feel I've been ripped off but the way the invoice is worded it appears I got what I ordered. Maybe Patrick will explain what happened?

Something to do over winter

Something to do over winter
Yes, but I could have bought them cheaper elsewhere if I wanted to put them together! The reason I bought these was to save me time but it will now take me another 3-4 hours of my life I will never get back!

You won't know until you have them in your hands.

There's usually a reason for cheapness.
Nothing wrong with them Eric, except that they aren't as discribed... 😀 I assume they were so popular that they ran out of the assembled ones so they carried on sending out standard seconds.
Why couldn't they just contact me to say they had run out and I would have cancelled the order. Now I have to argue the toss over the description.

Return them; as the item isn't as described the seller is liable for postage.

Return them; as the item isn't as described the seller is liable for postage.
Ah but if you read the description you are buying the wax and the frames are free! I'm sure they will say that as long as they give you a freebee they have met their contractural requirements.

Likewise and spoke to @Patrick1 (correct me if I'm wrong):

Essentially when the frames arrived, the bottom bars were stapled on even more firmly than they thought so even with the replacement bar they felt it wasn't the quality they'd like to provide. Thus they've sent out what appear to be first quality frames. As I understand it, this stems from a desire to treat people the way they would like to be treated rather than trying to hoodwink us.

@Newbeeneil I can assemble some of mine for you to collect next time you pass in exchange for an equal number of your unassembled ones if that would help?

I am sorry you feel ripped off, I don’t know what you ordered or what was sent, I am happy to discuss it on the forum but I would need a lot more info before offering and explanation, it is not often we get things wrong nut it does happen, you will definitely not be disadvantaged by dealing with us.

Two choices, we can discuss it on the forum in the open or you can phone my customer service Monday, I will be in the office early but anyone of my staff will be able to resolve any issue. I would ask you to post on this forum the result of your call, only because you have raised this as problem on the forum, just want to keep it in the open (y)

Essentially when the frames arrived, the bottom bars were stapled on even more firmly than they thought so even with the replacement bar they felt it wasn't the quality they'd like to provide. Thus they've sent out what appear to be first quality frames. As I understand it, this stems from a desire to treat people the way they would like to be treated rather than trying to hoodwink us.

@Newbeeneil I can assemble some of mine for you to collect next time you pass in exchange for an equal number of your unassembled ones if that would help?
Essentially that is correct, I took the view that the 50K frames we received are best described as rubbish, however they do have a use, starter strips would produce a good result, also bearing in mind how much time beekeepers spend repairing and cleaning old frames it would be quicker to take out one bar that would be destroyed then use the replacement bottom bar supplied to produce a good sound frame…….free.

Nothing wrong with them Eric, except that they aren't as discribed... 😀 I assume they were so popular that they ran out of the assembled ones so they carried on sending out standard seconds.
Why couldn't they just contact me to say they had run out and I would have cancelled the order. Now I have to argue the toss over the description.
I am not sure what deal you purchased, if we are wrong we would certainly put things right for you.

You should have been contacted, I will take it up with the customer service manager on Monday. Or you can call and speak to one of my team or ask for me.

So lets try to sort this out, give us a call on Monday, no one gets ripped off by dealing with us, we try to offer quality products at reasonable prices,

Or better still tell me what you ordered and what you received please.

I am sorry you feel ripped off, I don’t know what you ordered or what was sent, I am happy to discuss it on the forum but I would need a lot more info before offering and explanation, it is not often we get things wrong nut it does happen, you will definitely not be disadvantaged by dealing with us.

Two choices, we can discuss it on the forum in the open or you can phone my customer service Monday, I will be in the office early but anyone of my staff will be able to resolve any issue. I would ask you to post on this forum the result of your call, only because you have raised this as problem on the forum, just want to keep it in the open (y)
Thank you Patrick,
The deal I went for was the one indicated in the first post of this thread because I likedthe idea of not having to put together a load of frames and as I've said I would have preferred to be contacted by your costomer services to say the product had changed to give me the opertunity to cancel my order.
I frames I actually received were in "kit form"
Maybe "ripped off" was a little strong but I certainly felt very disappointed.
I will contact your customer services next week and will certainly update the forum on the outcome.
FYI my invoice number was #95461

I understand that some people may have wanted to dismantle the frames to put in the foundation but I specially wanted assembled frames which I was going to use for comb and put a starter strip in.
Thanks for the offer Will but it's more a matter of principle and such a pity that customer services seems a complete misnomer nowadays as contacting customers would surely have been the right option.
I'm sure I will now be proved wrong re customer services 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back