Cheap sugar for all bekeepers from bookers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
I have been sent this by our local association and am just passing it on for all

"Press release to beekeepers' associations in England, Wales and Scotland

Low priced, great value sugar from Booker Wholesale

Members of beekeepers' associations are now welcome to shop at any of Booker's 173 trade-only Cash and Carry stores. Booker's price for granulated sugar is about 60p per kilo, compared with 84p (Lidl, own brand) up to 93p (Tesco) per kilo at supermarkets, offering members great savings.

Booker is a trade-only wholesaler, and each member should register individually with their local store. When registering, each member should present their current BBKA membership card if in England, or their current BDI insurance certificate or local BKA membership card in Wales, or a letter from their local BKA secretary or local BKA membership card in Scotland. (There are no Booker stores in Northern Ireland). They will then be registered and able to shop straight away. A membership card will be sent by post within 14-21 days.

Payment is by cash or debit card when leaving the store. Members can visit www.booker.co.uk to find their nearest Booker store.

This new arrangement has been approved by Booker head office, Northampton in discussion with Conwy BKA, North Wales.

Booker contact: Melanie Balmer"

:cheers2:
"

Mines cheaper. £8.75 for 15 KG's from Shan's supermarket.

Website says eight quid for 15 kg but only before 6th August!

I think I will still be using cane derived sugar - just in case there is any, even a trace of, neonicotinoids in the sugar.....

Regards, RAB

This is the booker offer

PRICE-DOWN-OHP.jpg

I get this from Tescos
012139.jpg

£4.20
(8.4p / 100g)
Earn 4 ipoints

It might be a bit more than Bookers, but it Tescos is our weekly shop and the odd bag slipped in the trolley every other week or so the OH does not notice so the sugar is free to me :cheers2:

Whitworths 1.5kg bags in Poundland, works out at 67p/kg.:)

Thanks for that veg, I will be going for some today:cheers2:

I have been to Bookers, bought 10x25kg bags of sugar for £139.90,off the top of my head that works out at 55.96p per kilo.Trouble is there are plenty of other goodies on stock too.

Latest posts

Back