Chat Room

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcrazy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
Hi Members,

We have a great facility in the chat room that could be used as an educational aide.
Sadly every time I book in at the "pub" there is never anyone about, WHY?

If I remember correctly the majority of members thought this to be a great idea, but now the novelty has worn off, and its hardly ever used.

If it's not to be used as a chat room then what do the members foresee it being used for?

IMO its a facility that can be used for a number of possibilities, education about the Honey bee, just because we keep bees does not mean we understand the function of the bees ability, and what is does throughout it's short or long life.
I believe this is being wasted but would like members to possibly say what they would like to see happen to the "non-chat room"?

Yes even that!

Come on tell us, pretty please!:confused:

Regards;

Not me,........perhaps it could be used as a store shed for empty supers.

That's the first magnanimous idea, great let's have more.

Regards;

How about having a fixed time each week and everyone has to visit the chat room by law,forum law,and during this time the main forum is closed.

This is fantastic members, keep these comments rolling in.

How about having a fixed time each week and everyone has to visit the chat room by law,forum law,and during this time the main forum is closed.

Not quite sure about this one, in theory it sounds good but in practise there may bee two members trying to type at the same time and only one comment becoming visible. Then if one member gets the huff they might withdraw to their hive.

We now have three members who have shown interest that only leaves
1,230 other members to have their say.

no one there

Wow that has really suprised me, I thought it would bee bussling with beekeeping talk.

With this rate of response Admin will have his work cut out trying to decipher what would bee the best solution for members satisfaction.

I must sound like someone who's enthusiasm has run wild, or is it the change of life? Comments welcome. Please remember I am an ex-Marine of 6 ft 3ins tall and weigh in at 17.5 stones. Only joking.

Regards;

Last edited:
How about using it as a sort of naughty room,prison,for forum rule breakers,when they sign in they go straight to jail, (chatless room)and have to suffer the noise of opening and closing doors,and perhaps a loud buzzing noise like bee's.
You could be in charge of this section Bcrazy,and they are only allowed out when you say so,when they have repented.

In the case of the Bispham we could chuck him in there and throw the key away.

Last edited:
Hivemaker you have a barbarous and ruthless streak in you. Which I admire.:drool5:
Unfortunately there would bee no takers to the imprisonment mentioned, as all members on this forum are "goody, goody two shoe's". So that leaves me redundant.

As for 'B', a little harsh for one so idiosyncratic in it's behaviour.

Now the season is virtually over I find I have 101 things to do for the coming season.

Regards;

Bugger, back to the drawing board,how about a launderette,or an acoustic room for musicians.

Last edited:
Hivemaker your full of suprises.

Good nite my friend.

Regards;

Unfortunately there would bee no takers to the imprisonment mentioned, as all members on this forum are "goody, goody two shoe's".

Hmmmm..........I try not to fit into this category :hat: And feel I succeed on odd occasions.............

I find the chat room "difficult" to chat in..........I have used it and gone in when there are others in there and even gone in and sat quietly with my drink when there have been no others in there, in the hope that someone.......anyone would come in.........I even spoke to Anna once, but she didn't know where the Alps were so we were struggling :)........however I digress. It's difficult to chat in because of it's very nature, msn is hard enough to have a serious conversation on and that's generally a one to one, with the chat room and several members its difficult to get anything going...added to that and without trying to be rude.....many have difficulty finding their way round the keyboard quickly enough to keep a conversation going..........which is key to its fluidity...........and there's that constant draught of people opening and closing the door when you're sitting round the fire on a chilly winters night discussing the size of your crop.........ooops sorry, slipped out of my goody two shoes again.............:) Anyway there you have it. My thoughts on why it's not working............
I like the idea of your quiz though Bcrazy, but would prefer it in a different format, but if it was in the chat room I would still join in..........
:cheers2:

Frisbee

Admin has a number of beekeeping questions, so if you wanted to broaden your knowledge of bees and beekeeping ask the 'guvnor'.

Regards;

Perhaps Frisbee and JCBrum could be sent there when they go off topic and get all soppy :hat:

Good idea BUT wouldn't that allow them to become even more soppy and maybe put off others from going to the chat room.

I frequently look at the chat room bit on the home page but there is never anyone in there. Maybe others are doing that and it could need someone to go in there and that would maybe encourage others to go in.

Oh like the idea of the quiz, If its run in the chat room maybe it could be run that say the first 5 people with the correct answer get points ie first correct gets 5 points, second 4 points and so on. That way maybe more people would have a chance of 'winning' the quiz without having to necessarily be the fastest typer.

bee-smillie

...... get all soppy, ...

Dunno whether it would work in the chat room ..... :confused:

Fris talks all soppy to get me going ..........

If I want to talk all soppy, she makes me phone her on her special number, ........

And it's £4 a minute !! .... ;)

incoming ! ..........

slowly ! ;)

Last edited:
Perhaps Frisbee and JCBrum could be sent there when they go off topic and get all soppy :hat:

hahaha-024.gif

I would just like to point out that I am never soppy.......

caustic......occasionally,

disparaging.......sometimes,

derogatory....usually..:hat:

And finally just to say that the premium rate number that JC mentioned is no long applicable......

:biggrinjester:

Frisbee

Latest posts

Back