Chat room?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I see a post saying we have one.

I cannot see a tab that says it is one.

Admin dear chap where is it or is it now offline?

PH

I have also just made a button since you asked.
Its in the top nav bar.

Early days yet, but I am sure people will enjoy the chat room. :grouphug:
My only concern is that things will get discussed there, that in the past would have been discussed on the main forum.
As a Newbie the past posts on the Forum have made interesting reading, and answered some of my questions, including some that I felt silly asking myself.
So yes.. a thumbs up for the Chat room

My only concern is that things will get discussed there, that in the past would have been discussed on the main forum.
As a Newbie the past posts on the Forum have made interesting reading, and answered some of my questions, including some that I felt silly asking myself.

You didn't stay long enough to chat :(

Yours Roy

Steve,thats why forum admins dont like chat rooms !
But if members ask for it and use it then I have to comply.

I know what you are saying but I don't think it will happen, it's quite tricky to have a serious conversation using that kind of medium because of the time lapse between writing, posting and reading, even if it's only a conversation between two people the answer to one question comes too late and it becomes confusing especially if more than two are talking, the posts on the forum are much more easily read. I have several friends I'm in contact with on msn, but if you want to talk seriously the phone gets used.

Frisbee

Can't really see any advantage in it at all,is there one?

My kids seem to spend hours in 'Chat rooms'
So its cool that their Dad has now joined one.
I think we are meant to have conversations like
" Hi Hows U:
"OK thanks & U"
"I'm fine. Wot U up 2"
"Just chatting"
"OK. Me 2"
"C U Later"
"Bye"

So if you wish to talk to a particular person do you send them a pm first,to ask them to go to the chat room,or ask them on the forum where they will see it.Is it a bit like the bbka version of a rubbish bin.

Last edited:

There are loggers around that can archive the conversations for searching purposes, but to be honest I think that many questions will still come onto the forum since you get a broader audience of people (i.e. not just thos eon-line at the time) reading here.

It gets to 17% then freezes, also a pop up said did I want to disable a script as Adobe 10 was running slow?

Over to you Admin

PH

On 3 systems I've loaded the chat room in, they all did that the first time, but subsequently they've been fine.

Latest posts

Back