chat anyone?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you fancy chatting about then..

Doesnt work very well from here. The connection speed vairies a lot at the weekend (and school holidays), so chat's a bit difficult.

Well i had a look and i think they are all hiding from me.

And i can't find the chat room button anymore...you aren't kidding me... there is one?

all alone...

couldn't get online to the forum last night - error message !

Same for everyone
I thought people were having a chat ?
Bee chat I re-queened a very aggresive hive very dark brown , with a New Zealand queen copper yellow any way this was done with a nuc, over the weeks the NZ got bigger and the dark brown less but the brown bees would not mix with the NZ bees at all and kept them selves to them selves using 3 frames, I had never saw this before.

Grub

Thats what happened to me when I combined some golden NZs with brown bees... last season....then I had a think and realised that the brown bees were old bees, so they were hanging around the edges and going out foraging, but the NZ bees had lots of newly emerged bees, so that was why they were the ones covering the brood. It looked strange looking at the frames.. like bee Apartheid, but makes sense.

I have read that queens do the same when mating.
She will always mate with her own kind if she can while ignoring darker/lighter drones.

Same for everyone
I thought people were having a chat ?
Bee chat I re-queened a very aggresive hive very dark brown , with a New Zealand queen copper yellow any way this was done with a nuc, over the weeks the NZ got bigger and the dark brown less but the brown bees would not mix with the NZ bees at all and kept them selves to them selves using 3 frames, I had never saw this before.

Grub

I have read that queens do the same when mating.
She will always mate with her own kind if she can while ignoring darker/lighter drones.

Interesting concept Admin, I had never considered a suite of regal evasive manoeuvres to be part of the mating ritual. Sounds a bit like rear facing radar and chaff dispensers. What happened to the swiftest luckiest drone concept?

At speed and on the wing, I'm not sure what latitude for such evasive manoeuvres HM might have? This is an area in which I'm a bit dim.

I will try and find the research paper out that talks about it.

Latest posts

Back