charging to jar.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David1976

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I've been asked by a fellow beekeeper if I would filter his honey for him, put it through my creaming machine and then jar it for him.

He is providing all of the honey, the seed and the jars (don't have to do the labels for him) so all this is going to cost me is my time and a few hours wear and tear on my creamer.

Does anyone provide this service and, if so, what do you charge per jar? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to put it on the post for whatever reason.

Thank you.

It shouldn't be too difficult to work out how long it will take you to do the job. Calculate the number of hours and multiply by your rate - £40, £45 / hour or whatever. Don't forget to include prep and cleanup time. I would also add a charge for use of your equipment - effectively you are hiring it to him and supplying the labour. I hired a petrol cement mixer recently and it cost me £35 for the day. I could buy one for ~£750, so you could calculate a rental based on your equipment capital cost.

I've been asked by a fellow beekeeper if I would filter his honey for him, put it through my creaming machine and then jar it for him.

He is providing all of the honey, the seed and the jars (don't have to do the labels for him) so all this is going to cost me is my time and a few hours wear and tear on my creamer.

Does anyone provide this service and, if so, what do you charge per jar? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to put it on the post for whatever reason.

Thank you.
I charge my clients for extraction, filling and supplying the jars. It normally works out about £1.25/filled jar.
Since you are not supplying the jar but are creaming instead of extracting I would want about 80p.

Latest posts

Back