• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Centrifuge

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcrazy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
I am in the ring for a centrifuge machine for my pollen work.

Can anyone help?

Regards;

Still in the offering for one.

Last edited:
No one seen any on offer?

Still in the market for one.

Thanks.

Regards;

Hi Frisbee,

Thank you for replying but I can't find the one from Cambridge,
Can you send me the info please.

Thanks

Regards;

Hmmm - neither can I now, maybe it has past it's sell time. I remember it was £160. If it didn't sell they will probably relist it in a day or two. I just posted you the link to the cheapest one as they are listed up to £1,000 :ack2: which is a bit much however keen you are on your hobby.........:)

Frisbee

Thanks for looking it up.

It's appreciated.

Regards;

Ebay.co.uk

Item number: 170326336902
and
Item number: 250420831681

Maybe these are a bit pricy, there are several for sale on the US ebay site at much cheaper prices but may not be in working order.

Dunno if this helps. JC.

Thanks JCBrum every little helps (as the saying goes).

Regards;

Hi Chris,
Very many thanks for the info, I have now been in touch with the seller to sort out a few details.

Thank you very much.

Regards;

Chris,
A centrifuge is used with honey and its to obtain the pollen grains which are present in the honey. This will indicate the type of forage the bees have been feeding on.
By spinning the files round at speed forces the pollen grains to the bottom of the file thus allowing for a sample of pollen grains to be extracted.

Regards;

Latest posts

Back