• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

centrifuge wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katykitten

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
im looking for a second hand centrifuge for my nephews 18th birthday, the new ones seem very expensive. Also he would like some hawaiian bees or a simlarly placid breed-does anyone know where to get these from (i suspect its the wrong time of year but can i order them for spring?)
thanks

Locally adapted bees from a respected local breeder is what you want. Really it is. Imported bees can play havoc with local breeding programmes and often struggle to cope with our climate and forage.

What part of the country are you in?

Import of Hawaiin queens is now banned due to Small Hive Beetle being confirmed in Hawaii.

By centifuge, do you mean for the purpose of pollen extraction from honey? Or do you mean a Extractor, where you sping honey out of frames?

Adam

I suspect that a cappings centrifuge to separate wax and honey is what is being sought.

Hawaiian/Carniolans make bees and if you have enough boxes to contain the forced splits then they might also make honey. They are gentle, but high maintenance with regard to swarm prevention.

Latest posts

Back