Carpal Tunnel?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, bilateral - probably work related due to the constant vibration and 'hanging on' when operating fast patrol craft. had the op for both around 2001, stopped it getting worse but it didn't totally reverse the whole thing.
If you have the op, buy a squash ball and do the gripping exercise whenever you get a chance although it did take years for me to get the full strength of my grip back.

I had the op done on my right wrist 3 years ago and to be honest it was 6 months before it healed to be better than before the op. The surgeon offered to do the left one which was never as bad and I declined until it is much worse as the recovery was no fun.

Yes, just starting. Worse in my right hand. I've been using the braces at night, and it's reversed it amazingly well. Still one small patch of numbness on one finger, but the electric shocks have all gone.

Yes had it badly on my left wrist, had the op and it’s fine.

I had op on both at the same time which was a bit difficult for personal hygiene as the surgeon put it . I managed though, and it made a big difference to sleeping. Before the op, I regularly woke up in the night and needed to sit up with my arms by my side for a few minutes before I could go back to sleep. The op fixed this, but I now get up 3 or 4 times a night because of BPH!

Any other sufferers here?

PH
Ive suffered thumb/wrist pain which I was concerned might be carpal tunnel related. It actually seems to be de Quervains tendonitis which responds to physio treatment, there's plenty of self help videos on YouTube. - Youth is wasted on the young!

Latest posts

Back