jenkinsbrynmair 

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
yes, bilateral - probably work related due to the constant vibration and 'hanging on' when operating fast patrol craft. had the op for both around 2001, stopped it getting worse but it didn't totally reverse the whole thing.
If you have the op, buy a squash ball and do the gripping exercise whenever you get a chance although it did take years for me to get the full strength of my grip back.

Newbeeneil 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
40 plus 25 that I maintain for clients.
I had the op done on my right wrist 3 years ago and to be honest it was 6 months before it healed to be better than before the op. The surgeon offered to do the left one which was never as bad and I declined until it is much worse as the recovery was no fun.

OrchardBees 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Yes, just starting. Worse in my right hand. I've been using the braces at night, and it's reversed it amazingly well. Still one small patch of numbness on one finger, but the electric shocks have all gone.

Malcolm Stamp 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Yes had it badly on my left wrist, had the op and it’s fine.

SixFooter 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I had op on both at the same time which was a bit difficult for personal hygiene as the surgeon put it . I managed though, and it made a big difference to sleeping. Before the op, I regularly woke up in the night and needed to sit up with my arms by my side for a few minutes before I could go back to sleep. The op fixed this, but I now get up 3 or 4 times a night because of BPH!

Gilberdyke John 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Any other sufferers here?

PH
Ive suffered thumb/wrist pain which I was concerned might be carpal tunnel related. It actually seems to be de Quervains tendonitis which responds to physio treatment, there's plenty of self help videos on YouTube. - Youth is wasted on the young!

Latest posts