Car Cleaning.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Do you have neighbours who make a big show of cleaning their car on a sunny/warm day when the bees have been out after being unable to for a few days?

Dishmop, maybe the car was due for a wash, what is the big show they put on, some exsamples?
You maybe being over sensertive.

You maybe being over sensertive.
Not me.

I have to listen to her dog bark all day, I'd poo on her car myself given the chance.

Not me.

I have to listen to her dog bark all day, I'd poo on her car myself given the chance.

Hi Dishmop
Sounds like tit for tat!
Someone I know in Norwich has relatives next door to a beek who has their hives as far away from their house as possible and as close to the neighbours as possible. They do not get along and would like the hives moved.
Does that sound familiar?
Cazza

Ha ha Dishmop, looks like you've been rumbled!:boxing_smiley:

Not me. I didnt say we didnt get on.... my hives are closer to my house than anybody else's. No complaints about wanting me to get rid of the bees.

Would be nice to know of other beeks in Norwich near me to see where my free bees might have come from...

I find that my neighbours washing, which goes out when the sun comes out and is less than seven metres from my apiary tends not to be affected. I make a point of not interfering with the bees when there is washing out and their normal flight lines takes them away from the apiary two or three metres to the West of the end of their washing line.

Contrast the story told a while ago about the man who clipped a leylandi hedge and then put the newly washed cars back last September/October. My bees from his orchard found the freshly trimmed leylandi having flown over a white van three metres away, which was untouched and proceeded to vacate their bowls all over the clean cars parked under the clipped trees, doubtless in preparation for feasting on the bleeding sap.

Exceptional behaviour.

A little worrying at the time, but hilarious once the cause was understood.

Sure there must be traces of wax in it............

How about when your wife puts the white sheets on the line and takes them in covered in brown spots!!! Luckily the honey is so good I get forgiven! bee-smillie

Back