captions please.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the beelympic gold medal for how to best baffle the beekeepers goes to hive number 1 from Norfolk.

Hive grooming: Colony sheds beard for 'burns...

Last edited:
They're just fans of Beeradley Wiggins

Quick if we pretend we are 2 small swarms he might give us away

no we are further east than you........

The GBee olympic synchronised swarm team are about 2 baffle the onlookers

So we are bronze over here, you are silver on that side, who got gold ?

Just 2 drones left, get em girls...........

good responses from everyone!

the bees were all back in,as normal by 8.30p.m.

they're being left to supercede atm, lovely if it happens naturally, they're a nice strain,I've had this blood line of bees since I started,usually performing a/s as a renewal method for queens.

Yep also waiting for the Everett's to supercede. They were from a six frame nuc acquired 14 June with this year’s queen. Can't see any reason why they would want to get rid of her as she appears to be doing so well.

Any way found two what I thought were uncharged cells on the 1st August. One cell one side of frame the other same place on the reveres of frame. Was advised to clip queen as just in case they decide to swarm but was told they sounded like supercedure cells. Clipped HM on the 5th August and found one cell had been torn down but the other was capped. So my eyes missed the eggs in the cells. So looks as if emergence will be Monday or Tuesday of next week. Just can't trust the Greek Queens

Latest posts

Back