Capped queen cells no eggs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems to be happening more and more on here. Everyday it seems someone has to post this response and the attitude always comes from the same individuals. What gets me is if you can't give a nice and helpful response without the attitude why bother posting in the first place? If your tired of answering the same questions or think the person is asking stupid questions or too lazy to research just keep your opinions to yourself and don't post.

I never intended upsetting anybody. I need help on here as much as most of us I was just trying to point out that you get the best response towards a solution of a problem if you show that you have tried to arrive at one yourself.There was no malice in my reply. Abrupt replies notwithstanding, there is a danger that the more expert members will not be engaged and much wrong advice be bandied about by the totally inexperienced.

It is also easy to be too sensitive. Good advice given with a few comments on what to do in the future to improve your beekeeping.

It appears that the Beekeeping taliban enjoy this patronising demolition of new beekeepers
and time would be spent more constructively giving helpful advice!

Been said before :)
"beware the 3rd year beekeeper" that is the one who now knows everything and doesn't mind dazzling the newbie with both his superior knowledge and ability to deliver barbed put downs with aplomb!
Vm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As to you, oliver90owner, there is a way of communicating with people that is helpful and a way which is not.

I think that anyone who can think just a teeny bit for themselves would be able to work it out for themselves, maybe you included.

And yes, I would make the same comment face to face. I am not worried about the truth, the simple facts. Are you? In fact, my comment might be more colourful than that.

When everybody gets it into their head that beekeeping is not some strange mystical craft and that given the simple, accurate teminology is used, then everyone would understand the problem. Basic comments like 'BIAS but no eggs', is wrong and needs remembering that it is wrong. Working out why is a far better way of remembering it than just being told, or glossing over the error as not worthy of comment. And then having twenty new beeks making the same error next week.

What type of hive do you run BTW? Or was that a stupid question?

oliver90owner, there you go again, terse and insulting. Your obnoxious attitude is prevelant in almost every post you put up, and to be fair, its not just you.

Maybe Cedar has thought about the problem at hand and has a rough plan of action, maybe not. A simple helpful answer is all thats required.

I agree beekeeping is not a mystical craft and yes there is a way of saying things but the poster explained what was meant so whats the problem?

I run Langstroths, and even if I did think it was a stupid question I would not be rude enough to say so.

I agree with last statement we are new to bee keeping, have done the course, swotted up on all procedures. Open the hive and go into panic mode and c**k up. We all make mistakes a bit of sympathy and help is needed not out right criticism.:bump:

Have to admit I somewhat agree with dear ol' tractor man...
If you have " Done the Course" why then go and ask daft questions to which answers are freely available in the literature ?

Then there is no need to be sarcastic, down right rude or obnoxious to other postees!

oliver90owner, there you go again, terse and insulting. Your obnoxious attitude is prevelant in almost every post you put up, and to be fair, its not just you.

Maybe Cedar has thought about the problem at hand and has a rough plan of action, maybe not. A simple helpful answer is all thats required.

I agree beekeeping is not a mystical craft and yes there is a way of saying things but the poster explained what was meant so whats the problem?

I run Langstroths, and even if I did think it was a stupid question I would not be rude enough to say so.

I used to react , now I put it down to a personality defect ! The man knows bees., the man has a short fuse ! The man has an inflated view of his importance to bee keeping !
The man lacks social skills, the man lacks manners !
What the hell? Glean what you can from his ill presented posts ,manners aside , there's a lot of practical beekeeping in there! Take advantage, hang up your feeling with your jacket . Turn it around and treat his bombastic approach as just one of those things !

The content outweighs by far the gross presentation!!
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What the hell? Glean what you can from his ill presented posts ,manners aside , there's a lot of practical beekeeping in there! Take advantage, hang up your feeling with your jacket . Turn it around and treat his bombastic approach as just one of those things !

The content outweighs by far the gross presentation!!
VM

Well put !
In my minds eye I see o90o as a sort of beekeeping Mr Wolf character (no offence intended)

I post on some car forums.. This forum is polite, well mannered and questions are answered.

If people don't like the tone, it's often either a misunderstanding, a reply written in haste or frankly exasperation at another beginner who has not bothered to learn the basics and asks a question already answered hundreds of times again. Or someone who appears incapable of searching and doing 10 minutes research.

On the car forums I frequent, then any such type of question tends to get a robust - but polite reply.

Of course I may just have a thick skin,(or just be thick:paparazzi:) but if I came on asking for help - and get it - then I think my complaining about how the message is given is .. how shall I put it tactfully ? - a tad ungrateful.

Of course, you can have a choice: polite sometimes incorrect answers or terse correct ones...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back