Can't join the BBKA

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShinySideUp

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
None, ex-beekeeper
I have been a member of the BBKA for the last three years via my local beekeeping society but this year I can't seem to do my renewal. Last January I logged in using a membership number and a password but now they want an email address which I didn't have. I have now re-registered with an email address so I can log in as a member but I still can't pay my dues through the local society in Liskeard. I have been in touch with the branch secretary and she says just to go to UK renewals and tick Liskeard. There is no Liskeard, or any other society, to 'tick'. I mentioned this but as yet have had no further reply. Am I missing something, I have I gone in through the wrong portal?

If I don't get satisfaction soon I'm just going to go in as a new, but private, member. It will cost more but it's better than not at all as I like the magazine, I like the insurance, both hive and public liability, and I don't go to my local society much anyway.

I tried to post the link I used but this site just puts dashes in where it should say b b k a .o r g . u k I've also had to put it in like this because this site seems to treat the bbka website as a swear word, I hope this isn't deliberate.

Last edited:
I have been a member of the BBKA for the last three years via my local beekeeping society but this year I can't seem to do my renewal. Last January I logged in using a membership number and a password but now they want an email address which I didn't have. I have now re-registered with an email address so I can log in as a member but I still can't pay my dues through the local society in Liskeard. I have been in touch with the branch secretary and she says just to go to UK renewals and tick Liskeard. There is no Liskeard, or any other society, to 'tick'. I mentioned this but as yet have had no further reply. Am I missing something, I have I gone in through the wrong portal?

If I don't get satisfaction soon I'm just going to go in as a new, but private, member. It will cost more but it's better than not at all as I like the magazine, I like the insurance, both hive and public liability, and I don't go to my local society much anyway.

I tried to post the link I used but this site just puts dashes in where it should say b b k a .o r g . u k I've also had to put it in like this because this site seems to treat the bbka website as a swear word, I hope this isn't deliberate.

I join as a County member £13 for a years magazine/comic seems worth it.
The bbka bdi etc insurance is worth diddly - squat, according to our Master Beekeeper and as a County member you will still be welcome at any branch meeting of any bbka branch anywhere in England it seems.
Had the same difficulty as shinie sid up and after about a zillion requests from the bbka tresurers sent in a cheque with a form I downloaded and printed off.

Never trusted all this fly by wire stuff, even my car has a throttle cable!

All to do with eR2 - BBKA and BDI's super new high speed internet based digital membership management system. lol

I just renewed my membership via the new system. All very smooth and problem free.

I join as a County member £13 for a years magazine/comic seems worth it.
The bbka bdi etc insurance is worth diddly - squat, according to our Master Beekeeper and as a County member you will still be welcome at any branch meeting of any bbka branch anywhere in England it seems.
Had the same difficulty as shinie sid up and after about a zillion requests from the bbka tresurers sent in a cheque with a form I downloaded and printed off.

Never trusted all this fly by wire stuff, even my car has a throttle cable!

Strange that I received the new costs of frames and foundation and CBs destroyed when I had AFB and made a claim.

I must have been lucky :paparazzi::winner1st:

Strange that I received the new costs of frames and foundation and CBs destroyed when I had AFB and made a claim.

I must have been lucky :paparazzi::winner1st:

I've noted your reply to this point a couple of times and very interesting and potentially useful it is too. It is an oft repeated mantra that the BDI(Bee Disease Insurance) is not worth much and I suppose compared to the market value of a colony it isn't much BUT it clearly is worth something and given the cost probably represents value for money.

Latest posts

Back