Can you recommend a good beekeeping YouTube channel?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyNir

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
10-15
I’m subscribed and watching some YouTube channels. Other than enjoying the videos, lots of useful information in there. Thought I would share and I’m also interested getting suggestions for interesting channels from others?
when suggesting, would be great if you can describe in a few words why you recommending this channel. Thanks.

- Ian Steppler, Canadian commercial bee farmer, lots of very useful colony management tips & combining bee and land farming, including the impact of farming on pollinators. a Canadian Beekeeper’s Blog

- Bob Binnie at Blue Ridge Honey Company, large scale commercial bee farmer from Georgia, US. almost 4 decades of beekeeping experience. Very useful tips and tricks, presented in a clear and easy to understand way. Bob Binnie at Blue Ridge Honey Company

- Laurence Edwards from Black Mountain Honey, North Wales. Nicely bridging the gap between a commercial bee farmer and a hobbyist beekeeper. Excellent quality videos, presented beautifully, ‘no nonsense’ beekeeping, straight to the point. Black Mountain Honey
* I believe Laurence is on this forum, so good opportunity to say thanks and the fact I enjoy watching your channel *

Almost forgot to mention another channel I really enjoy watching...

Richard Noel (plenty of honey), French (British born I believe) beekeeper expanding his bee farming operation. Tons of useful information in there, presented beautifully and very much to the point & keeping it real. Richard Noel
* I believe Richard is also on this forum, so thank you very much, really enjoy your channel *

Almost forgot to mention another channel I really enjoy watching...

Richard Noel (plenty of honey), French (British born I believe) beekeeper expanding his bee farming operation. Tons of useful information in there, presented beautifully and very much to the point & keeping it real. Richard Noel
* I believe Richard is also on this forum, so thank you very much, really enjoy your channel *
I have seen some of the “back yard beekeepers” from the U.S channels but I find them a bit confusing as they use Langstroth hives that are larger and different climates and different flora etc.
I find them quite macho and gung ho compared to the relative calmness and honesty of Mr Spinks, but then we are all different and may prefer different appproaches to bee keeping.

Two US channels with a good presenting style are

Kamon Reynolds
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkoAuqRakc1TtvXxL4Kr76Q
and

Vino Farm
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-xczyljpDKuM00-45OUrvg
Both are good because they show you things going wrong as well as things going right. Of course, major climate differences limit the read-across, and UK channels like those mentioned above are better in general.

Vino Farm is best as it shows a beekeeper starting from scratch, going from 1 to 15 hives or so, making the same mistakes along the way that we all have.

Last edited:
john "the bee man" Saunders always makes me smile. He and wife Lynne [sorry Lynne if I've spelt it wrong] are a lovely couple. They lack a little detail but its just his way of beekeeping.

All of the above are good informative channels and hopefully the viewers have enough common sense to make the distinctions necessary for the different climates etc. The real gem among them is undoubtedly Bob Binney with his 40 years of practical experience. There are those who like to bash the American sites but there are good and bad among all and I can certainly point you towards some grim uk sites!

All of the above are good informative channels and hopefully the viewers have enough common sense to make the distinctions necessary for the different climates etc. The real gem among them is undoubtedly Bob Binney with his 40 years of practical experience. There are those who like to bash the American sites but there are good and bad among all and I can certainly point you towards some grim uk sites!
Couldn’t agree more.

National honey show, for great lectures, Norfolk honey for good tips and Devan Rawn (Devan Rawn) for some really interesting stuff from a Canadian point of view.

National honey show, for great lectures, Norfolk honey for good tips and Devan Rawn (Devan Rawn) for some really interesting stuff from a Canadian point of view.

I wish Devan Rawn would continue and make more videos. He is great.

Another excellent resource is UoG Honeybee Research Center. I believe this is where Devan was mentored. UoG Honey Bee Research Centre

UoG Honey Bee Research Centre (from University of Guelph, Ontario) - excellent. Norfolk Honey Company: Stewart is clear and interesting, with a wide range of topics covered. If you have German (very clear), Pias Imkerwelt is brilliant. From Deutsches Imkerjournal.

When it comes to finding a reliable beekeeping YouTube channel, it can be a bit overwhelming with the abundance of content out there.

Back