Can anyone identify please this has come up the wildflower area.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
The big one is at the front, I will move it to the back as its right on the path edge.
Teasel really resents moving and is unlikely to survive. If it were a seedling you might get away with it, but when bigger the tap root doesn't transpant at all well.

Yep I noticed this year I have quite a lot of these spiny leaved plants in the garden this year, the teasel didn't materialise last year in the spot it was in.
Also last year I cleared out 70% of the wild geraniums as they were over taking my wild garden area, this year it appears doronicums and forget-me- nots have taken their place now they have been given breathing space. Lungwort also taking advantage and lots of early bumbles have been very busy on them.

Thanks for reminding me :giggle:.
I've left the teasels in there position but managed to move some of the forget me nots which are doing well.
The plan is to leave the teasels where they be and collect the seed then pull them up if they are in the wrong place.
As this thread started in October we should know by now!

Noted yesterday both the female black hairy foot and the male gingery white faced hairy foot bee in amongst the lungwort.

Yes I have noticed a lot of Teasel growth this year, it has appeared in several spots so far. If find teasel in my garden it is always on the move and doesn't regrow /seed in the same place.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back