Camouflage suit, White suit,full suit or just jacket and vail??????

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi All

pretty new to beekeeping so i have been using a mates suit. time to buy my own. just don't know which suit to buy theres so many. whats best guys??

Thanks Honeybee

I think white personally- easier to see if any bee tucked into a corner that needs brushing off.
I have jacket and veil- but wear trackie over jeans for double layer. Dont wear just jeans as they seem to sting through jeans more easily. If you prefer full suit -fine- just more cost
Always protect ankles- bees love 'em :ack2:

Don't forget the wellies when kitting up as I got a sting on the inside thigh when a bee climbed all the way up my leg!

Hi Honeybee
Im afraid there is no easy answer, if you are a member of an association maybe try some of theirs on, some like the veil, others like me have the fencing type hood, i only wear a jacket as i dont like the all in one's, it all comes down to what YOU like, and what YOU will feel comfortable in.

I agree with Heather, white or a plain light colour is good so you dont end up with lots of passengers.

Dont really see why anyone would want the cammo style, unless the Army or TA were recruiting for Beekeepers !!.

Hi All

pretty new to beekeeping so i have been using a mates suit. time to buy my own. just don't know which suit to buy theres so many. whats best guys??

Thanks Honeybee

I was quite happy with my veil until one day when bees where a bit frisky I bent down to pick up a super and put it back on brood box when I got stung in my builders bum! Since that day I have worn an all in one suit!

I have heard that bee stings are good for arthritis in wrists and fingers but haven't seen any reports on them curing hemorrhoids!:svengo:

I`ve just done a Google search on hemorrhoids + bees and it returns 59,700 hits. That`s a nice bit of bedtime reading for someone.

I wear an all in one but then I live in a boiler suit at work, cheap way is a white boiler suit and buy veil and vest, make certain the secondary pockets are sewn up on boiler sit as bees find any small or large hole. When I started I wastold that anything Blue was not good to use as the dye to colour blue gives of a smell that bees hate but we cannot smell, dont know how true this is but saw a teenager get stung thrugh jeans wering a smock top.

Hi

Thanks for your posts and help in making up my mind. in doing so saving me money.

after having a read your posts lol and other threads on this topic. its the white jacket and vail for me I can add bottoms at a later point.

Thanks Honeybee

Snorkel type? I see what you are saying, but not what you actually mean. I can guess at it, but that's not quite the same.

Perhaps you have your sports mixed up and you actually mean Fencer/fencing (but not garden variety) type.
Snorkeler.gif
homeimage.jpg

Snorkel type? I see what you are saying, but not what you actually mean. I can guess at it, but that's not quite the same.

Perhaps you have your sports mixed up and you actually mean Fencer/fencing (but not garden variety) type.
Snorkeler.gif
homeimage.jpg

I think you will find the 'Snorkel' type is closer to the 'Snorkel Parker' design than a fencing helmet.

Back