Cambridgeshire BKA talk by ITLD

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, sounds like a bit of a marathon!
Sorry I missed it!

Just finished up after 2hr 45........seemed to go ok.
Hi Murray. I thought it was very informative. I usually Demaree a couple if colonies and I’m definitely going to give your flight board a go.
Folk have been going on at length about air freshener. I think you might have convinced me 😁
Interesting slant on uniting and leaving the bees to sort the queens.

Darned sight better than OK, Murray!

The most useful Zoom I've seen: good insight into practicals: splits, using poly feeders as insulation, using straw not feeder barriers. Really liked the down to earth demo of kit and the way you brought new ideas to the amateur world.

The show was recorded and can be seen by Cambridge BKA members; Sally Knowles (Sec) suggested joining as an Associate in January (to get your money's worth) and watching online.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed your talk Murray. Picked up lots of tips, some of which I’ve been experimenting with, or learning about e.g. straw in feeder; polyfeeder as insulation, how critical good winter sites are, timing of heather flows and the challenge of spiders! You came across as so genuine, humble, passionate about the bees and your team. Would love to spend time with you. Thankyou for an excellent talk.

I joined CBKA as an associate for £7 last year so I could watch recordings again or those I’d missed (Somerset too) well worth it!

Really enjoyed it, thanks Murray and Cambridge BKA, really interesting. Looking forwards to Mike Palmer next month.
Simon

echo what others have said; a very valuable talk. The fact the you still had an audience of 80+ after two and three quarter hours shows how engaged we all were

Regrettably I wasn't able to join in - can someone write a synopsis of the main points - or is there a way I could see/hear a recording ??
I could but I've got some frames to clean........

As Eric said, if you join CBKA as an associate you can see all there talks on line, it costs £7, although I believe their year runs from January, so you may want to wait.

Simon

Regrettably I wasn't able to join in - can someone write a synopsis of the main points - or is there a way I could see/hear a recording ??
Far too much info for a synopsis (unless the synopsis is basically KISS!)
Really fantastic informal talk and well worth joining CBKA to access the recording.

If waiting for the new year to join, might be worth checking with them that the previous years' recordings will still be available.

I joined at the beginning of the year and the twice monthly talks have been great with some fantastic speakers across the board. Mike Palmer in a couple of weeks 🙂

I'm especially looking forward to them posting Murray's talk as my internet decided to go awol about 2 hours in 😩😩

Latest posts

Back