Cacti

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hivetool

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Can any member please inform me of the name of this cacti. I have been through wiki but there are thousands of different species.

It has small daisy like flowers.

If it's what I think, I have loads in the garden.Does it produce *babies* all around it attached to the *mother* plant? Does it flower once every few years and then the mother plant die? Mine in flower right now are toppling over.It's not really a cactus. I'll have to ask my daughter the name when she comes back, as I've forgotten:(

Hi Jean,
The answer is yes to all those questions. As you can see its in flower now with plenty of young buds.

Looks a bit like a house leek to me (but I'm probably wrong). Its a succulent plant that has its 'babies' form around the base of the parent plant.

bee-smillie

French: joubarbe
Latin: Jovis barba
English ??? Jupiter's beard ???

Sorry to inform you guy's that its not a common houseleek.
One, the body of the plant is different, two, the stem from plant to flower is not as a houseleek, thirdly the flowers themselves are different.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Sorry to inform you guy's that its not a common houseleek.
One, the body of the plant is different, two, the stem from plant to flower is not as a houseleek, thirdly the flowers themselves are different.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Well I did say I was probably wrong. :(

bee-smillie

Thank you Admin I identified it on page 4 with the self same flowers.

Latest posts

Back