C. G. F and the mandoline

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite band, (since 1975 (dear oh dear)) has been Jethro Tull. Ian Anderson, mainly known as a flautist, is really skilled on mandolin.
He (and therefore the band) went through a folk Influenced phase - “Heavy Horses and “Songs From the Wood” as example albums. I just love the song “Moths” which features mandolin.

But me; I cannot play anything I’m afraid. Tried acoustic guitar, but just beyond me.
Jethro tull I know of Mr Poot..
My music has been influenced by woody Guthrie, Robert Johnson, Bob Dylan, Robert plant, Donavan, John Williams, lobos, Bach, vivaldi, Walton.

There's loads really :)

Jamming . :)
Hopefully it works?
I will try and add some music to this thread through out the winter next week will be some guitar, harmonica and maybe a bit of singing.

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of Gerrard Hoffnung and his 'concert' of domestic appliances. He also had me rolling with laughter at the tale about the tall chimney and the barrel of bricks. A real hoot. Anybody with me?

This thread reminds me of Gerrard Hoffnung and his 'concert' of domestic appliances. He also had me rolling with laughter at the tale about the tall chimney and the barrel of bricks. A real hoot. Anybody with me?
Think this Irish version might be inspired by/nicked from Hoffnung:

Latest posts

Back