C. G. F and the mandoline

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No musical talent here I'm afraid....... maybe the Triangle?

The only highly tuned instrument I have now is my voice - and even that is now suffering from lack of excercise
Many things about you are highly tuned emyr, I'm yet to past judgement on your singing abilities.:icon_204-2::sifone:

Many things about you are highly tuned emyr, I'm yet to past judgement on your singing abilities.:icon_204-2::sifone:
funnily enough it wasn't long ago, I was sifting through my father's 'death box' which my mother (who I don't think ever went through it properly) left in my care when she remarried (it's taken me over twenty years to venture in there), there was also a load of the usual mother stuff in there (first baby photos, weighing cards etc) and also loads of stuff from my school days - all my National Youth theatre stuff, letters from various now well known directors and the judges adjudication notes when I got through the regional rounds to sing at the National isteddfod.

I could clear a pub with this in 2 minuted flat...... sold it!!

I can not wait until we can get back together in the Boot .... have learned a few new songs!!

funnily enough it wasn't long ago, I was sifting through my father's 'death box' which my mother (who I don't think ever went through it properly) left in my care when she remarried (it's taken me over twenty years to venture in there), there was also a load of the usual mother stuff in there (first baby photos, weighing cards etc) and also loads of stuff from my school days - all my National Youth theatre stuff, letters from various now well known directors and the judges adjudication notes when I got through the regional rounds to sing at the National isteddfod.

I too have sung in an Eisteddford - at Pentrepoeth boys junior school, Carmarthen, c. 1950 age c. 9. My father's friend, Waldo Lewis, told my father that I'd sung Welsh like Welshman (we were recent incomers). I've been proud of this ever since...

I don't know Mr Poot, I've listened to the recordings this morning the beer made them sound better I think.
My favourite band, (since 1975 (dear oh dear)) has been Jethro Tull. Ian Anderson, mainly known as a flautist, is really skilled on mandolin.
He (and therefore the band) went through a folk Influenced phase - “Heavy Horses and “Songs From the Wood” as example albums. I just love the song “Moths” which features mandolin.

But me; I cannot play anything I’m afraid. Tried acoustic guitar, but just beyond me.

hopefully we can get back to more of this in the future.....Alun Wyn Jones, 100 per cent for effort!

Back