C. G. F and the mandoline

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly green finger's

If you think you know all, you actually know nowt!
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
86 + nucs/ mini nucs
For your pleasure or not! I had the mandoline out tonight.
This is part of a piece of music I wrote some years ago.
I hope you find it pleasing to your ears. C. G. F playing mandoline.

Last edited:
Cool! I haven't played for a while I took my Lcm grade 8 in classical music some years ago, and use to play in hotels, pubs, for a while.
Wrote classical music a bit something I miss.
It does sound a bit ruff ill practice a bit tonight with a beer :)

Last edited:
It's fab. What have you named it?
Wodarfol or in English waterfall.
I wrote it for my grade 3
I wrote it in 1993.

16107539968133600749934094141390.jpg
I have a banjo, classical guitars, acoustic guitars and electric guitars also..
I love folk music, blues, classical, ragtime. All finger picking styles really
I will record the full version of waterfall and post it on here some time?

Last edited:
That's lovely!
(My mother's Italian mandolin is hanging on the wall, looking very cute, but I doubt if I'd do it any favours by trying to play it.)
Get it of the wall and play it if you can?
Music and playing an instrument is got to be one of the best things up there with watching my bee's :)

I thought you were going to make us some home made crisps or maybe a coleslaw :biggrinjester:
IF it's anything like the one I have he wouldn't be doing much typing after playing with it ... I take the ends off my fingers just getting it out of the box ... I will only use it after I've put on all my chainsaw PPE !

IF it's anything like the one I have he wouldn't be doing much typing after playing with it ... I take the ends off my fingers just getting it out of the box ... I will only use it after I've put on all my chainsaw PPE !
I've realised my mistake, I now understand why SWMBO doesn't like me getting instruments out when weve had friends round.
It's a bit embarrassing really.
I can't read! And I can't write! but I can f- in play a mandoline, as long as I'm wearing PPE from now on, i'll let her know.
Apologies :music-smiley-026:
Look at these dudes some serious rocking going on at 3:57am.

Get it of the wall and play it if you can?
Music and playing an instrument is got to be one of the best things up there with watching my bee's :)
I don't think that kind of mandolin would be my instrument of choice... have also got a cello though, courtesy of Oxfam shop, of all places, which I torture a bit. I still haven't discovered all those acres of spare time this last year in which to do lots of the things that others seem to have been up to. - Which means I've been lucky, I know.

I don't think that kind of mandolin would be my instrument of choice... have also got a cello though, courtesy of Oxfam shop, of all places, which I torture a bit. I still haven't discovered all those acres of spare time this last year in which to do lots of the things that others seem to have been up to. - Which means I've been lucky, I know.
I've never tried to play a violin, but I can play the acordian and piano /base organ a bit.
I think being furloughed has given me the chance last season to spend more time with the bees and this season I will have more time anyway.

You must make time to make your violin screach even if it's half hour once in a while.

I've realised my mistake, I now understand why SWMBO doesn't like me getting instruments out when weve had friends round.
It's a bit embarrassing really.
I can't read! And I can't write! but I can f- in play a mandoline, as long as I'm wearing PPE from now on, i'll let her know.
Apologies :music-smiley-026:
Look at these dudes some serious rocking going on at 3:57am.
You’re certainly a man of many talents, Curly🪕🎸🐝

I love it Mark, Mandaline has been a favourite of mine since going to Jack the Lad gigs back in the 70's, Simon Cowe and Ian Fairbairn both really knew how to play!

Last edited:
I wonder how many of us on the forum are rusty musicians? Enough to make an orchestra? Perhaps I should dust off my clarinet.

Back