Byvarol

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
Someone asked the other day who was still selling Byvarol - well I saw a shelf full of it today. Mole Valley Farmers at Cullompton, Devon had it. I commented to staff how surprised I was to see it, and y said it stays in stock uuntil it is gone.:confused:

It will have an expiry date, so either some are buying it or.......it will eventually date-expire.

Regards, RAB

Someone asked the other day who was still selling Byvarol - well I saw a shelf full of it today. Mole Valley Farmers at Cullompton, Devon had it. I commented to staff how surprised I was to see it, and y said it stays in stock uuntil it is gone.:confused:

Why were you surprised to see it?

Yes, why were you surprised?

Saw some at my supplier last week.

ps

Was advised to put a strip in to any new swarm I collect.

Yes, why were you surprised?

Saw some at my supplier last week.
I would imagine the surprise being ,in most of main land UK the varroa mite is largely immune to bayvoral.or at least it's effects are sorely compromised.

John Wilkinson

Ok thanks John

Do you recommend anything for a newly caught swarm?

Swarm= no brood , an ideal time to treat with oxalic acid :)

John Wilkinson

Yep - I was surprised because the SBI told me that it is no longer recommended in the UK, as the bees are now immune to its effects - and that it is no longer for sale. Couple that with the regular mentions it has received on here about the fact it should no longer be used.

Queens59,

Couple that with the regular mentions it has received on here about the fact it should no longer be used.

We are obviously not getting through to everyone. Someone (or two) bought those Croatian hives, didn't they! There are quite a lot on the forum who do not read many of the posts.

Regards, RAB

I must admit I must have too much time on my hands!! I read EVERY post even if it is not applicable then, as I never know when I will be in that position; and have learnt a great deal in the process - if I am not learning, I go mad!!

the SBI told me that it is no longer recommended in the UK, as the bees are now immune to its effects -
Just to be picky, it is not the bees that are immune to its effects but the mite.
Ruary

Latest posts

Back