Buying Sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50 National expanding to 100 +
I no its possible to buy sugar at cheap prices at aldi lid ect, however individual 1kg bags are OK if you want a few, I have 30 + colonies so require alot to feed down in autumn. 25kg bags are ideal. where's the best and cheapest place to buy it. Macro is expensive and I ain't a business so likes of booker are out, any thoughts would be appreciated.

just have a chat with the aldi manager and ask him/her to order you a pallet load

BBKA membership used to qualify you for Booker … I did it this way several times.

Booker's current price for 2 x 25kg sacks of Tate and Lyle cane sugar is £21 = 42p per kg. Show them your BBKA card or proof of membership of a BKA and ask for a Day Pass.

Costco today. 15x1kg=£6.45. 25kg bag=£10.49.no vat added

As a beek with 30+ hives you could convince bookers you are a business anyway. You must market your honey in some way so use that as a way in. Most managers would be interested as they have membership targets.

Just print a business card and give it to them....

invite the manager to come beekeeping for a day with you that would work to. you could do that with your bank manager to and say some free money or the suit gets a hole lol lol lol

Hi, called in to Bookers today and bought the 2 x 25kg bags of sugar for £21. With your british beekeeping membership card you can get a bookers card to use when needed. I did this in 2009 and have been using the card since. They've also got a very good deal on loo paper (48 rolls of blossom soft for £9.99!!). Nuala x
Ps on a previous post - someone mentioned that you got an extra 5% off with your bee membership card. I asked about this, and they said that you used to get this, but they don't think you still do. They will check and get back to me.

C0nwy BKA made the arrangement with Bookers some years ago, initially for our own members. We then arranged with them to roll it out in all their stores in England, Wales and Scotland (no Booker stores in Northern Ireland). It's not limited to sugar, you can buy anything you want there.

Latest posts

Back