buying equipment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rourkie

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi has any member bought any equipment from a german company called Bienen-Voight, they have a mating hive extra body for the warnholz mating hive that does not appear to be available in the uk, it is 3.55 euro cheaper than from swienty, any info welcome. regards rourkie

Three quid is not worth worrying about if buying just the one. Presumably that is delivered? A pint of ale is the difference between unknown and well known quality.

Regards, RAB

Their website seems to be done, click on a catagory and it fails...

as mentioned, i would not worry about £3, what i would say is .... what about the stress to the bees going tho the postal system??? and if something is wrong with them, how would you get them back to the germany and/or will they come out??

i would recommend you buy from a local source.

TB

as mentioned, i would not worry about £3, what i would say is .... what about the stress to the bees going tho the postal system??? and if something is wrong with them, how would you get them back to the germany and/or will they come out??

i would recommend you buy from a local source.

TB

I am not buying bees, I am after polystyrene hive parts for warnholz mating hives, that i can not find in the uk, I need twenty of them. Not one, the saving over swienty is £60.00 +vat regards jim

I am not buying bees, I am after polystyrene hive parts for warnholz mating hives, that i can not find in the uk, I need twenty of them. Not one, the saving over swienty is £60.00 +vat regards jim

sorry, misunderstanding, thought you were buying a nuc of bee's

TB
:blush5::gnorsi::xmas-smiley-010:

Yes i have used them several times, never had it delivered to the house the first time i collected it from the spring show the other times we had a lovely weekend away and just happened to be very close to there offices and also just happened to have pre ordered a lot of equipment for collection ,

Just a small thought here but I have personaly always had the idea that europe is not that far away, being that it is quicker for me including the ferry time to drive to france than cornwall or far quicker to drive to berlin than scotland, so as i was saying europe to buy stuff is a good thing, there are five big bee suppliers in france and belgium all within an hour of calais, the biggest batch i have brought back was with a friend and we brought a 1,000 frames each and he brought 100 poly hives flat packed into a caravan, Prices are difficult because of the exchange rates but normaly your better off abroad and if you mix bee keeping with pleasure to spread the costs, it does work out better to go to france than, dare i say it?

winsor!

...they have a mating hive extra body for the warnholz mating hive that does not appear to be available in the uk...

You talking about the overwintering body that has no floor and no roof?

no iam talking about a body that fits on top of the existing broad body.doubles amount of space available to the nuc.thornes sell the mini nuc but not the extra body regards jim

Hi Rourkie

Swienty are very good, ring and ask if they will match or better the price they normally will.

You also have the option of collection at Stoneleigh if you wish, it also saves on postage:cheers2:

Regards Ian

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back