Buying Buckfast 2020 Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highgate

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Without cause a war about buckfast vs AMM (fan of both) I was looking to purchase some Buckfast queens this season. Had hoped to buy some Italian buckfast queens, and a frameless NUC from bee equipment but alas dithered too long and l believe that they are all sold!

Was minded to buy some local AMMs from a breeder in Hertfordshire but as always he is sold out a year in advance.

I friend suggested the Romanian Buckfasts from Becky's Bees. Suggestions and advice about where to get Buckfast queens gratefully appreciated.

BS honeybees buckfast have always been good quality when I've ordered and customer service is also very prompt and helpful.

Ged Marhsall i.e British Honey Producers are excellent.

I got one from BS Honeybees a few weeks ago. Ordered Monday morning and she arrived safely 2 days later. Introduced OK and she's laying well. No idea where she originated from though.

Attachments

• b13a7904-9c4c-429e-adfe-4b300c0752cc 2.JPG
    b13a7904-9c4c-429e-adfe-4b300c0752cc 2.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 73
  • 0533b35f-f4c2-4141-989a-6bf2b5deb0dc.JPG
    0533b35f-f4c2-4141-989a-6bf2b5deb0dc.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 66
I also ordered and received a buckfast queen from BS Honeybees and she is doing great. Have got queens from the Beeman (Mike Waite) and they have also been top quality. In fact just got an email saying he's got more available just.

I have 50/60 queens a year from BHP, cant fault them.
We have around 50 from Murray McGregor as well, in packages & solo.

Italian buckfasts from Bee Equipment in Kent.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I have bought for all of the above over the decade I have been beekeeping.
No complaints so far.

Weald Place Farm queens are imported, it's stated in the item description.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back