Busy little Bee's

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrB

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am amazed just how busy the bee's still are, loads of them around the hive and still lots of pollen coming in! 14 deg C here at the moment.

Mine too are working like the clappers.
Dark yellow pollen coming in (ivy) as well as dark orange.

Make the most of it! N. Yorks 8'C, no activity to speak of and the only colour round here is coming from leaves not pollen (this taken Saturday). The girls are definately in winter mode.

Last edited:
A joy to see mine flying like mad yesterday, overcast but warm. Not seen them like it for some time, and as an added bonus they seem to have forgotten the techiness they were showing a few weeks back

Same here , could not get in and out quick enough.

According to the gauge in my car the outside temp in the sun was about 20c

One of my outside hives is unbelievably busy flying about,from quite early in the morning as is the observation hive, but the bees from the other outside hive are very conspicuous by thier absence.... I am tempted to open the hive and see if all is ok but also feel that it might not be a good idea.

At about mid day for 30 mins the sun shines directly onto both hives and only then does the flying activity from the non active hive increase for a bit.

Fair bit if orange pollen coming in.

same here in Northumberland. Overcast and still - lots of pollen bearing bees returning about 2.30 this afternoon. Didn't expect that in November.

Cold nights though,
so make sure you get those mouseguards on this week :)

Absolute cloud burst here most of the day plus gusting winds :(
Temperature is way high for the time of year .
Bees working yesterday ,very little pollen though!

John Wilkinson

Weather not that great down here in the South-East- very blustery. Mild for the next few days but then turning much colder into next week.

Ben P

Back