Busy bees Today in the Garden

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJB

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
So Many Bees on The snow drop bank in the garden... Great to see

Attachments

• IMG_6692.jpg
    IMG_6692.jpg
    198.1 KB
  • fullsizeoutput_cbf.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_cbf.jpg
    229 KB
  • IMG_6713.jpg
    IMG_6713.jpg
    212.9 KB
Is that the colour of snowdrop pollen? I spotted some peachy colour coming in today which I've not seen before. I didn't have bees this time last year.

There were hundreds on them, but none of them mine as I've got to wait to get the bees later......Hives, all prepared, frames built, site prepared... just need the bees now......

So Many Bees on The snow drop bank in the garden... Great to see

Lovely! I have had plenty of bees returning with snowdrop pollen over the last week, but no flowers in the garden for photos. I think that I will have to wait a month or two for that.

Lovely! I have had plenty of bees returning with snowdrop pollen over the last week, but no flowers in the garden for photos. I think that I will have to wait a month or two for that.

Plant snowdrops and crocus for next year then..

All mine flying strongly today ... some bringing in pollen - good sign that there's some brood - and a lot around the pond collecting water so dlluting the honey stores - no hives light and no fondant on as yet. Should make it through without feeding with a bit of luck.

Been to Hinton Ampner (National Trust Property) today and they have hives there - all theirs flying as well and lots of bees on the snowdrops and crocus around the gardens.

Really uplifting to see them getting on with it... spring on its way even if its not arrived yet.

Yes like a breath of fresh spring air here today. Pollen of all colours going into all the hives and the entire garden was buzzing

Pollen of all colours going into all the hives and the entire garden was buzzing
Yellow rain everywhere yesterday, over the truck (newly washed), the greenhouse windows, my neighbors washing (she was not amused) :).......boy were they busting for a day out....

Oh dear

Mine are in the middle of a field so never see that

Had to wash the truck again....should have taken a photo, it looked like a custom paint job.
Otherwise it was good to see so many out and about again.

Latest posts

Back