Busy and Not so Busy.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Today nearly mid-day.

Its been much the same when th weather has been warm enough for the last 10 days or so.

ours are being very odd for last two days - loads out on outside of hive and many on other surfaces and especially where there is water. also enjoying emergency "fondant stations"

Nice pics!
I went out today to have a look at wrapping the hives and putting some roof insulation in.... But the hives are in a sun-trap at the south end of the garden, the "bee thermometer" on the *north* side of the Apiary shed wall was reading 20C, and the bees were as busy as ever, foraging like mad. Mostly fuschia, iceplant and the inevitable ivy. Plus, I have some autumn crocuses which they seem to like. So I left them for another week: couldn't get close to the hive without streams of busy bees crashing into me on their way in!

I hope the middle picture doesn't have the John Leslie blurr!

Pleased your bees are doing well.

I hope the middle picture doesn't have the John Leslie blurr!

Pleased your bees are doing well.

Hi.

Yep they're all doing fine.

Picture was taken a bit quick on the middle one,,,, just a little bit in their flight path.
They are the first ones out in the morning.... Probably warmest. They trot down the tube to see what its like outside.

Back