Busy and Not so Busy.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Today nearly mid-day.

Its been much the same when th weather has been warm enough for the last 10 days or so.

ours are being very odd for last two days - loads out on outside of hive and many on other surfaces and especially where there is water. also enjoying emergency "fondant stations"

Nice pics!
I went out today to have a look at wrapping the hives and putting some roof insulation in.... But the hives are in a sun-trap at the south end of the garden, the "bee thermometer" on the *north* side of the Apiary shed wall was reading 20C, and the bees were as busy as ever, foraging like mad. Mostly fuschia, iceplant and the inevitable ivy. Plus, I have some autumn crocuses which they seem to like. So I left them for another week: couldn't get close to the hive without streams of busy bees crashing into me on their way in!

I hope the middle picture doesn't have the John Leslie blurr!

Pleased your bees are doing well.

I hope the middle picture doesn't have the John Leslie blurr!

Pleased your bees are doing well.

Hi.

Yep they're all doing fine.

Picture was taken a bit quick on the middle one,,,, just a little bit in their flight path.
They are the first ones out in the morning.... Probably warmest. They trot down the tube to see what its like outside.

Latest posts

Back