Business Insider - honey dangerous unless pasteurised

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her ratings down are they :rolleyes:

She forgot the warning that eating honey may make your brain turn to custard..

After all, her's did.

"Tessa Newell who syndicates articles on food has put it about that unpasteurised honey is dangerous so dangerousthat more than a teaspoon can kill.
10 dangerous foods that could kill you"

its really terrible,
continously keep repeating lies become true
does any of them ever think differently then "money money money🤑🤑🤑"
hipermarkety honey are not only pasteurised,also get additional preservers"
mean more dangerous

What a twisted world we live in. Pure water is actually harmful to drink. Mix it with honey and a little salt in the right proportions and it becomes a life saver.

What a twisted world we live in. Pure water is actually harmful to drink. Mix it with honey and a little salt in the right proportions and it becomes a life saver.
I understand pure H2O by itself wouldn't save you if you were dehydrated, but why is it actually harmful to drink?

I understand pure H2O by itself wouldn't save you if you were dehydrated, but why is it actually harmful to drink?
Well I ran a London marathon once and plenty of runners got into trouble with hyponatremia from drinking too much during the run. There's this idea that feeling dizzy and nauseous crossing the finishing line is due to dehydration as well so they drink more........ ooops

Well I ran a London marathon once and plenty of runners got into trouble with hyponatremia from drinking too much during the run. There's this idea that feeling dizzy and nauseous crossing the finishing line is due to dehydration as well so they drink more........ ooops
"Hyponatremia"- Lack of salt/s? Clubbers have done the same thing, haven't they, thinking that they needed to drink water after taking Ecstasy. But drinking too much water is a different matter from H20 by itself being 'harmful'.
(Am v impressed by people able to run marathons!!)

Reminds me of the story of WC Fields in his later years - by this time his Alcoholism whas quickly killing him (he was drinking, I think three bottles of gin a day) So Mae West decided to water down his second and third bottles. His reaction? apparently he said
"M'dear - I don't drink water - fish F*** in it!"​

"M'dear - I don't drink water - fish F*** in it!"
True story, Ive seen them doing it - well a version of it anyway :)

When the subject of running comes up here I often pass the following comment:

If you ever see me running, Please kill what ever the F*** is chasing me!

Back