Business Cards

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC47

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am considering selling hive products at local markets and I am assured by SWMBO that business cards would be helpfull.
Has any member of the forum found an inexpensive source ?

As with the insurance for product and public liability you will need to sell your products ( not forgetting any cosmetics MUST be tested and approved) and your Public health food hygiene level 2 certs ( even now for wax wraps!) you get what you pay for!

Vista Print are a good place to start with an easy to use online service... do proof read before ordering!!*

Or contact the people who are printing your waterproof UK Honey regulation approved honey jar labels, ours also print business cards... but twice the price of Vista print!!

* We had 1000 cards with Pings Orchard Honey once.. they did replace them quickly FOC when SWMBO complained!! :icon_204-2:

All in all business cards would be fairly low down on my list!

Chons da

Just finished designing a card, but mainly because every so often I'm asked for one (other than at market). If you only want it for market customers, perhaps your email address on the label would suffice; that's what I've done up to now.

an inexpensive source
Printing is not expensive, and the outlay can be recovered if you sell at proper prices (and not in 1lb jars). :)

What may cost a little more is the info. you choose to include and the impression you wish to convey. If you're aiming to impress a four-year old then choose a cartoon of a smiley yellow insect and a cartooney typeface*, but if not (and unless you're a designer) you may want to scout around for someone to do a good job.

*Did you see the typeface the BBKA chose to email to members a sober response to the recent neonicotinoid hullabaloo? Hopeless jokey font.

If you're competent with a PC you can buy packets of blank business cards in sheets from Ryman's etc and do your own. MS Word or the Libre office equivalent is quite capable of doing this with a bit of fiddling around.

Latest posts

Back