Burette or Burette à cire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
A bit of an emergency;

Does anyone have one not being used they want to sell?

Does anyone have one I could borrow please?

Does anyone know where I can buy one? Cant see it on thornes

A bit of an emergency;
Does anyone have one not being used they want to sell?
Does anyone have one I could borrow please?
Does anyone know where I can buy one? Cant see it on thornes

Intrigued! What is it?

A burette is one of those vertical glass measuring devices with a tap at the bottom that I used to use for very accurate fluid measurements for titrations in A level chemistry many moons ago!

A burette is one of those vertical glass measuring devices with a tap at the bottom that I used to use for very accurate fluid measurements for titrations in A level chemistry many moons ago!

Tx, but what's its role in beekeeping? The OP mentions Thorne's.

If only dispensing small amounts, a syringe is perfectly adequate 9in conjunction with an precision set of weighing scales. Likely less fragile than a proper burette, which must be clean, held upright and read carefully.

Having used pipettes and burettes extensively (a long time in the past) and observed the poor methodology of students trying to do volumetric analysis in schools.

Try your local school or college. Do you require class A, B or C equipment?

If you read the OP, Ian does specify 'Burette à cire' - google it, plenty of references to a handy little beekeeping tool for pouring small quantities of wax. Always see them on Sherriff's stands when going to conventions.

Last edited:
If you read the OP, Ian does specify 'Burette à cire - google it, plenty of references to a handy little beekeeping tool four pouring small quantities of wax. Always see them on Sherriff's stands when going to conventions.
Very good bit of kit.

Topbar beekeepers (if they use starter strips) will find them a great asset, much quicker than a syringe and pair of scales.

Is this an accepted way of economical beekeeping? Maybe it would help a bit for those with many hives but l would have thought not enough to make much of a dent in the considerable costs involved in beekeeping.

I suppose the bees continue to draw comb downwards not all whichways, or he wouldn't do it?

Back