buckfast queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breezybee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi,
Anybody got any tips on the best way to buy a mated Buckfast Queen. I started with Carniolans five years ago and my two colonies now have a following trait which I have been unable to sort out. I was warned that 2nd and third generation Queens could have feisty workers and this has proved to be the case.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Hope I am not breaking forum rules or leading other members astray. I did try to PM Hivemaker as I think I may have got my hives from him five years ago. However, this is the first time I've posted so I haven't got enough credit. Forum is a great for advice and entertainment

Hivemaker is the one to speak to,he has BF.

Even Buckfast's Queens are now virtually British native again....still passive though...sometimes

Thanks for all the replies. I managed to work out where hivemaker operates from. In fact I got my first two hives from him 5 years ago and they are still as sound as a bell. Heres hoping he has a queen. The following trait is a real pain. I moved my bees this winter as my husband was being driven out of the garden. Today the gentleman who has kindly let me have a spot on his land got stung on the lip although he was quite a way off from where I was inspecting.

I got my Buckfast Queens from The H*ney Be* S*ppliers and am very pleased with the bees and their temperaments.

I've had them for a year now and keep them in the garden, no problems with stinging, etc, indeed I can mow the grass up to the hives without issues.

Just to add I have a couple on order from superbees who are on the beekeeping directory . Their bees are buckfast in all but name- read the website for details. I've heard great things and am looking forward to getting them.

Latest posts

Back