Buckfast bees nature?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much for Buckfasts, they sound very much like any other ... can be this, that or the other.
Whereas we keep movements calm around the hive, I don't see why we should have to work in slow motion in case they erupt.

I think the question still unanswered is whether these really are buckfast, or just have some buckfast in 'em.

If the behaviour has changed recently, I would have thought robbing was a strong possibility.

Roger ,
brood area is full of uncapped honey as are the supers , also a feeder on top of supers ??? ;)

VM

My F2 is the hive from hell! Which i have to go see today. Full battle gear for this hive regarless of the weather. I look like the michelin man when doing this hive.

michelin-man.jpg

I may have to requeen this hive
If this is typical, I hope mine aren't F2s - I bought them to requeen hives that were 'unhappy'. Are suppliers obliged to provide details of provenance now that EFB and AFB are starting to spread?

Every hive has a feeder which is always on the hive. We don't use traveling screens - just feeders. Video was during the thyme flow and the honey has been removed and supers returned to the hives for the eucalyptus flow.
Best regards
Norton.

Every hive has a feeder which is always on the hive. We don't use traveling screens - just feeders. Video was during the thyme flow and the honey has been removed and supers returned to the hives for the eucalyptus flow.
Best regards
Norton.
Are you feeding during the honey flow or are they empty?

I think the question still unanswered is whether these really are buckfast, or just have some buckfast in 'em.

If the behaviour has changed recently, I would have thought robbing was a strong possibility.
I'll let you know if the supplier tells me what their antecedents are

I'm struck by how dramatically different generations can change. Last year I received a queen with a swarm, so don't know origin, and they were all quite jolly. Her daughter though turned out a real mean one. Now the granddaughter seems to be producing friendly sorts again.

I'm struck by how dramatically different generations can change. Last year I received a queen with a swarm, so don't know origin, and they were all quite jolly. Her daughter though turned out a real mean one. Now the granddaughter seems to be producing friendly sorts again.

Hmm - reminds me of my mother in law - wife's grandmother is lovely still rushes up to me and treats me the same as when i was three (I'm 44 now):D

Latest posts

Back