brood comb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmandy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello, my name is Andy live in. Bristol, work with disabled adults at a community nursery at the park community centre, daventary rd, knowle, just started to keep bees, they r doing well in my top bar hive, have built 8 combs many with capped honey, but ne1 tell me where the brood comb wld b located plz, also we r looking 4 sum bees to feel our national hive that we have had kindly donated to me so we can try to involve the disabled ppl with, so if ne1 has ne bees they cld donate to us we wld b very grateful, or a old national hive they no longer want, Thanku

Hello, my name is Andy live in. Bristol, work with disabled adults at a community nursery at the park community centre, daventary rd, knowle, just started to keep bees, they r doing well in my top bar hive, have built 8 combs many with capped honey, but ne1 tell me where the brood comb wld b located plz, also we r looking 4 sum bees to feel our national hive that we have had kindly donated to me so we can try to involve the disabled ppl with, so if ne1 has ne bees they cld donate to us we wld b very grateful, or a old national hive they no longer want, Thanku

Hello and welcome to the forum. I cannot comment on top bar hives but bees being bees will probably use the layout they use in framed hives. In mine the brood is generally central to the brood box with each frame having an arch of nectar/honey at the top of the comb with some pollen around then the brood positioned in the space under the arch, down to the bottom of the comb.
The end frames in the brood box are mostly honey but with bees there are no hard and fast guarantees.
You may be lucky with bee donation but it's getting a bit late season now with most keepers treating for varroa and preparing for winter.

Thanku 4 ur reply, we were hopeing to attract a swarm 4 the national hive but didn't have me luck with that, bit late 4 a swarm now, just hope we get lucky with sum bees , but thanx 4 ur help on where the brood mayb , hope ur bees r doing well this year ,

Would help to cut out the text speak, more people would understand.
Didn't someone with another user name come on here lst month with loads of TXTspk imploring us to phone him?
Believe that thread was deleted?

brood comb,

Well I wouldnt know about phone number, I've never sent mine in, I do have a email if any one wants to contact Me

lol acronyms seems to B accepted by scholars but not text messages, perhaps people need to keep up with modern times. Who on earth knew what BIAS was when they joined this forum, I thought it was something you insert into a box below the TV

Sorry, forgot to mention I have a standard brood box if you want it but you will have to pick it up (Swansea)

Thankyou for the offer of a brood box, anything is greatfully recieved, i cant drive but do have a mate that sumtimes delivers in Wales maybe I could ask him to pick it up. So thankyou very much, all donations are very helpfull, really want to get the disabled people invoved, and a national hive has that bit more stability to the combs, so thankyou very much

Thankyou for the offer of a brood box, anything is greatfully recieved, i cant drive but do have a mate that sumtimes delivers in Wales maybe I could ask him to pick it up. So thankyou very much, all donations are very helpfull, really want to get the disabled people invoved, and a national hive has that bit more stability to the combs, so thankyou very much

elmandy - have you been in touch with your local assoc - bristol beekeepers, http://www.bristolbeekeepers.org.uk/ - might be someone there who can help

No I haven't, may try them , mayb abit late in the year tho to get any bees for my national hive , it maybe worth a try tho thankyou, would really like to get it started tho telly want to get the disabled people involved in the aspects of bee keeping, already I teach them gardening whitch they find exciteing, also its good therapy for them to interact with the other livestock I have here, so thankyou for the web site address

Bit late in the year to be starting a hive. It would be better to wait till next year.

btood comb

No i havent contacted them , tho its abit late for any one to want to donate any bees to us for my our national hive , but thanx for the web address, will try next year,

Veg this msg is for you, would like to stay intouch with you, and get to know more about bees, you seem to know a lot more than I do, hope to hear from you

Elmandy. You're a little late to be trying to get bees this year, but if you'd like to get in touch I can see if I can either help or put you in contact with someone within Bristol who might like to help next year.

Regards

Neil
Bristol Beekeepers.

Neil thankyou very much, wld b very interested in haveing contact with u if you would like my emaik address please contact me and I will send you it, also would like to know more about bees, hope to hear from you, thankyou,

donation

Thanku 4 ur reply, we were hopeing to attract a swarm 4 the national hive but didn't have me luck with that, bit late 4 a swarm now, just hope we get lucky with sum bees , but thanx 4 ur help on where the brood mayb , hope ur bees r doing well this year ,
I can possibly donate you the Bees as its a good cause will let you know, my Bee master is a kind warm man and likes to help,will be in touch

I can possibly donate you the Bees as its a good cause will let you know, my Bee master is a kind warm man and likes to help,will be in touch
Thankyou for your offer of donateing us some bees very kind of you plz stay intouch ,

Latest posts

Back