- Apr 10, 2010
- Reaction score
- Stoke on Trent
- Hive Type
- Number of Hives
- 6 to 8 Langstroth jumbos, a few Langstroth and National nucs.
1. when you get continuous cold weather and bees are unable to fly so no food input OR - Drought so no nectar OR gap between two crops = no food coming in. Or this year all three at once!To expand on the original question .and not to be confused with say winter reduction in egg laying
1) when And why can we expect a queen to stop laying for a short period.
2) if we note a queen isn’t laying new eggs how long do we tell ourselves “she is on a brood break”
2. Until she starts laying when there is nectar /pollen coming in - in volume.
I get brood breaks every summer as it usually rains in July and August!