British Weather - or should I say frost this morning?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How amusing, Tuesday night one of the mildest on record.......19 degrees at 7.30pm, not much less at 11. Wednesday night - a good sharp frost, there was even ice on some of the chickens water containers this morning at 8am.

Frisbee

pity our chicken's run wasn't frozen too...the mud churned up by the rain of the last few days has caused the most awful chicken S*** smell !! I will have to put some pallets down to keep their dear little feet off the mud !

How amusing, ... ice on some of the chickens water containers this morning at 8am.
Frisbee

I suppose your Ass was freezing too ............. winter draws on ;)

attachment.php

The sun has been shining all day down here in the South.
Feels like Spring :)

The sun has been shining all day down here in the South.
Feels like Spring :)

Same in the North with the bees going mad on the ivy - one super filled and capped in the past three weeks or so!

Just staying alive that long would be a nice thought :)

You'd better take care of me Sweetness .....

Pass me a bucket this is getting sickly sweet! JC just kiss her ass and make up (simply posted to allow a reply and help you toward your dronedum)

We are getting first snow rain during this week. In north Finland they have 10-15 cm snow cover.

We have some skitunnels in Finland. ( to skimad folks)

3165.jpg

That looks like cross country skiing.......as opposed to alpine (downhill) We have 3 or 4 indoor snow slopes in Britain, I'm off to one next Friday.

Whenever I see cross country skiers I am always impressed how fit they are, it's a bit disconcerting when you meet one on a slope.....they walking uphill, me skiing down.....they are often going faster than me :rofl:

Frisbee

Ah you mean like this!

Chill Factor in Manchester - its very good!

Nick

Oh this talk of skiing is making me impatient not to mention jealous of frisbee (of to a snow slope) and gunman (being in a country that actually gets snow). Still 3 months to the day I'm in a big silver bird for my hols. :ack2:

Oh weather here seems to have started cooling during the day, but nobodies told the little ladies as yet. They are still foraging and bringing in loads of pollen.

bee-smillie

Latest posts

Back