British gas fixed tariff offer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
30+
So, received an email offer from British Gas to fix tariff for duel fuel until end of September 2023. very scaremongering language IMO.
And the offer? 203% more per annum than current standard variable rate

Think I will pass on that and just police the thermostat and light switches more vigorously :LOL: :LOL:

We are on bottled gas and solid fuel Rayburn here. Our electricity is fixed till September next year. I imagine we shall get a considerable shock next year.

:iagree:
We have the bottles and just get them swapped when empty. Price of gas and anthracite has risen 30%

The sun is beating down on the house. Even with the curtains drawn it would become unbearably hot. However the sun is also beating down on the solar panels on the roof so the air-conditioning is running and we're comfortable inside. I'll let the bees wait until evening before I venture out 😎

The sun is beating down on the house. Even with the curtains drawn it would become unbearably hot. However the sun is also beating down on the solar panels on the roof so the air-conditioning is running and we're comfortable inside. I'll let the bees wait until evening before I venture out 😎
The solar thermal was working fine until the non-return valve melted the other day - in the closed state, so the motor would not circulate...Just waiting for new clacker valve before replacing the pump. The solar PV is doing well though...

The solar thermal was working fine until the non-return valve melted the other day - in the closed state, so the motor would not circulate...Just waiting for new clacker valve before replacing the pump. The solar PV is doing well though...
Yeah my PV is working a treat and all the potential export diverted into the immersion heater so we haven’t needed the heat pump for hot water for 3 months!

Fixed my dual fuel last September for 2 years, got lucky! Might be running extension leads to the neighbours soon with the way things are going :laughing-smiley-004

4kWp solar install ordered along with 8kWh battery and immersion heater wotsit, just waiting for it to be installed now - long lead time due to demand. Hopefully it'll lessen the blow when my fix comes to an end and it'll make me feel greener.

Latest posts

Back