• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

brewing project for StuBrew, North East

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Honey wanted! I'm asking for a friend who's looking for between 15 and 30 kg of local honey for a project he's involved in.
Mick is making some rhubarb and honey braggot ale in conjunction with Newcastle university, where I think brewing is used as a project for chemistry students. They've made various interesting recipes in previous years, sold at the student's union and local pubs and are keen on maintaining a local connection with their ingredients.
the group is stubrew.com
The problem I have is that I sell my honey in 227g jars so 15 kg works out prohibitively expensive.
Is there anyone out there in the North East with bulk honey available suitable for brewing? please let me know and I'll pass on details
thanks

Is there anyone out there in the North East with bulk honey available suitable for brewing?

Sell them some of yours in buckets instead of jars, assuming it is of good enough quality for their brewing project.

Unfortunately mine is already jarred and I'm not about to empty 120 jars back into buckets. He's after bulk for cheapness, I think happy to sacrifice finesse

PM me I should be able to help out. Will be last years spring honey in buckets which will need re-melting.

Latest posts

Back