bresser microscope

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barry

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
hi guys im in need of a computer geek as im technically challenged at the best of times. managed to get the bresser microscope from lidl just trying to get it to work with the pc. after installing the driver software then trying to use it i get the message 'CamAPP, Video capture tool, Time version has stopped working'
a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

but no solution is found. i like this as a novice and would like to get it on my pc. HELP

got to go out will try all you solutions later, cheers you clever people

Hi Barry. As DrS asks, the Operating System may be critical. I had a similar problem (but not the same message) with Win 7. You could try to run the software in an alternative compatibility mode (right click the program shortcut icon and select the compatibility tab).

If this doesn't work, I would uninstall completely (software and drivers) and start again, as you may have a corrupt installation (unlikely). The manual advises that you install drivers first but I would imagine that modern plug and play compatibility should look after this (no harm in trying it their way first though)!

I found that the software would work on occasions but it was a bit hit and miss so I have not yet found a permanent solution. I may return to it but in the meantime, I'm getting good results with an alternative freeware offering.

You may be more successful. If not, there's a link to the alternative elsewhere on the forum. PM me if you like and I will track it down, if you can't find it.

i have treated myself to a new hp laptop running windows 7. says on the box it should work with xp, vista and 7. laptop has built in webcam dont know if that would be clashing with the ocular cam instal. all help greatfully recieved. cheers guys.

Did the computer detect the new usb device and then ask for the software ?
Or did you instal the software first ?

the laptop i tried the microscope with recognised the plug and play USB camera automatically and gave me a little pop up window with which to record. no software install needed.

Do you have another camera connected?

Some laptops have one in the lid, if not try starting and going to the camera wizzard and then seeing if you can connect.

cheers guys. managed to get it working but not to keen on the photomizer software so have downloaded vision gs and will do picolay asweel and give them a go. unfortunately im not to good with computers so it trail and error .

shout and swear at the computer,hit it, kick it, kick the dog (if you have one).....i usually find this works, it also works for a lot of beekeeping problems, except i use a smoker as well !!!

Latest posts

Back