Breakfast Classic....It was CCD!!!!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
"I used to keep bees but lost them all a few years ago."

Me.. "That's a shame. Varroa?"

"No it was CCD"

I struggle to keep a straight face....

Like I posted about Isle of Weight disease if something is on the go then losses are attributed to it as it is a guilt transference.

"Nothing to do with me being a useless beekeeper is it, it's out of my control guv... "

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

PH

Classic!
People also say to me..."that varroa, its terrible isn't it? It is killing all the bees." and I tell them, well as long as beekeepers don't ignore it, it is not terrible, and then they say, "your bees don't have it though do they"
They look upset when I say that all bees around here have it.
:nopity:

haha

Last year at the New Forest Show I spoke with a so called experienced beek of 15+ years who said he doesn't need to treat his hives because he lived in a varroa free area in the New Forest and anyway its all a smoke screen to get gullible bee keepers to spend lots of money on treatments they don't need.

So without cracking a smile I asked how did his colonies did over winter 2008/2009.
Reply - Terrible, I lost 8 of 12 colonies from September through to March, they didn't starve so it must of been CCD or something similar. :smilielol5:

I was going to ask him a few more questions but thought better of it... :nopity:

It is international too. I was introduced to a Dutch beekeeper who told me that he didn't need to treat his bees for varroa - he is now an ex-beekeeper - lost the lot:banghead:

varroa

Like I posted about Isle of Weight disease if something is on the go then losses are attributed to it as it is a guilt transference.

"Nothing to do with me being a useless beekeeper is it, it's out of my control guv... "

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

PH[/QUOTE]

Just a tad patronising?:rolleyes:
I would have thought the person may need help, not a put down.

Latest posts

Back