Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
9 and 18 Nucs
"I used to keep bees but lost them all a few years ago."

Me.. "That's a shame. Varroa?"

"No it was CCD"

I struggle to keep a straight face....

Like I posted about Isle of Weight disease if something is on the go then losses are attributed to it as it is a guilt transference.

"Nothing to do with me being a useless beekeeper is it, it's out of my control guv... "

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

PH

Polyanwood 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Classic!
People also say to me..."that varroa, its terrible isn't it? It is killing all the bees." and I tell them, well as long as beekeepers don't ignore it, it is not terrible, and then they say, "your bees don't have it though do they"
They look upset when I say that all bees around here have it.
:nopity:

Mike a 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Between 17-20
haha

Last year at the New Forest Show I spoke with a so called experienced beek of 15+ years who said he doesn't need to treat his hives because he lived in a varroa free area in the New Forest and anyway its all a smoke screen to get gullible bee keepers to spend lots of money on treatments they don't need.

So without cracking a smile I asked how did his colonies did over winter 2008/2009.
Reply - Terrible, I lost 8 of 12 colonies from September through to March, they didn't starve so it must of been CCD or something similar. :smilielol5:

I was going to ask him a few more questions but thought better of it... :nopity:

MJBee 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
commercial
Number of Hives
16 a mix of Commercial, National, 14 x 12, Dadant and a Warre
It is international too. I was introduced to a Dutch beekeeper who told me that he didn't need to treat his bees for varroa - he is now an ex-beekeeper - lost the lot:banghead:

TBRNoTB 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Number of Hives
7: 1 KTBH . 3 14x12 , 1 Long fondationless 14x12 + 2 Nat +some empty ones :(
varroa

Like I posted about Isle of Weight disease if something is on the go then losses are attributed to it as it is a guilt transference.

"Nothing to do with me being a useless beekeeper is it, it's out of my control guv... "

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

PH[/QUOTE]

Just a tad patronising?:rolleyes:
I would have thought the person may need help, not a put down.