Brazil Beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdurigan

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I'm a beekeeper in Brazil and at this time here (Jan 2022) we need to feed our colonies due to the lack of polen and nectar in the plants.

What is the lowest temperature you get? Oh!and welcome😁

Morning Enrico!
The lowest temps in winter is about 50 F

Hello!
We have a small countryside property (2 ha. ) where we keep our hives of AM (africanized). We have also native, stingless bees of 6 different species (we have 220 others) endemic to Brazil which produce a top quality honey and pólen.

We have also native, stingless bees of 6 different species (we have 220 others) endemic to Brazil which produce a top quality honey
Welcome. I think Meliponiculture is a fascinating subject, some of the beekeepers I work with in Tanzania also keep stingless bees - like the one in my avatar. The honey is outstanding, totally different to 'conventional' honey. What sort of moisture content does stingless bee honey have over with you? It's usually 22-25% over in Tanzania.

Last edited:
Welcome. I think Meliponiculture is a fascinating subject, some of the beekeepers I work with in Tanzania also keep stingless bees - like the one in my avatar. The honey is outstanding, totally different to 'conventional' honey. What sort of moisture content does stingless bee honey have over with you? It's usually 22-25% over in Tanzania.
Jenkins, the moisture content of some Melipona Quadrifasciatta (known as Mandatária or MQA) are within those parameters above. I agree with you that type of honey is totally different from AM's honey. We're ver lucky down here because we have countless species producing unique honey, propolis and pólen.
I wish I could attach a few files here but it doesn't allow me.

Latest posts

Back