Bramble shredder required

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW I do have a strimmer with a brush cutter blade which will slice them up no problem but the brambles grow very tightly in between things I don't want removed so can't use it that way. The lawnmower solution does work but is a bit of a faff; curious why no one makes shredders that work like upside down lawnmowers having a massive blade rotating at high speed. Perhaps I'll contact a Robot Wars builder :) .

I did, Post # 7 ... I agree ... that's what it needs and there currently isn't anything commercially available ... seems very odd ?

Yes, I saw it. Sorry I didn't acknowledge that.

Sadly, it didn't have the best engineering and it didn't do a good enough job to have another go.

It strikes me that a conventional disc shredder without the disc and in place of it one of those brush cutter blades might actually chop soft green stuff up ... have to think about it

I tend to pull the brambles up, or cut down, tie them into bundles around themselves and put them in the council recycling bin.
I have a Titan shredder from Screwfix, which is a crusher rather than a cutter. I’m impressed with it overall, but again, fleshy brambles don’t crush into pieces.

The problem is never the hard stuff it is the green wet stuff that clogs it all up. Mine scrunches stuff and feeds it through at the same time but the scruncher can still get jammed with green leaves. I had one with wizzy blades but that was just as bad. I think you have to get on to the professional type stuff to get one that will shred anything.
Goats are pretty good at demolishing brambles.

Soon be Nov 5th when you can have bonfires without too many complaints

Latest posts

Back