Bottom rebate in hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrysbees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi what is the reason for bottom rebates in nat hive sections , is there there something that go's in there I don't have,
If just to match next section surley a bevel would be better, do hive's made out off ply or palets have rebates.

Its a beespace Terry...prevents bee's being squished on the top bars in bottom beespace hives,not needed for top beespace though,that is assuming you mean the bottom side bars on the box's.

Thank's Pete I will tell the Bees your looking ater ther intrest. don't want a health & safty claim for dead Bee's

Thank's Pete I will tell the Bees your looking ater ther intrest. don't want a health & safty claim for dead Bee's

if you see people refer to langstroth hives ( most of the rest of the world use them, except us ), they don't have that rebate but have deeper frame top bar rebate, so the gap is above the frames...ie the frames sit 6mm-8mm lower than in a national...that type are Top bee Sapce

Thats right Terry...you look after there interests as well...hope they are not homesick, i've told the others they will be going north next week.

Latest posts

Back