Bookers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
I'm sure I recall reading somewhere or being told that if you are a member of the BBKA, you can get a Bookers card?

If so how do I go about getting one? Anybody know please?

It's been a while since I applied but I think you register on line then pick up your card when you go to your local Bookers.
I seem to remember they like you to put Beekeeper on the form where it says "company" it then gets the beekeepers discount.

I'm sure I recall reading somewhere or being told that if you are a member of the BBKA, you can get a Bookers card?

I thought that if you went in to Bookers and showed your BBKA card they issued you with a temporary day pass.

Some years ago since I got mine but I just went in and mentioned beekeeping to a member of staff and was registered for a card.
S

Got Makro & Booker cards years ago as a bee farmer member.
I very rarely use them now as there are cheaper outlets for sugar and fondant.

Bookers sugar is on a deal at the moment, 50 kilos are ((from memory) 54Pa kilo.

There are cheaper deals indeed to be had. Bookers is not famous for being cheap but there are the odd excellent offers on discount. We recently saved a good £80 on turkey and ham but that is only useful if a, you like that, and b, have the freezer space.

PH

Morrisons 2kg bags of sugar are normally the cheapest you will find if you are buying under a tonne.

You dont need to be a bbka member,just put "Beekeeper" in the company box.

I would argue the Morrisons as two weeks ago Home bargains were cheaper than Morrisons.

PH

Yep, I am registered at bookers as a beekeeper. No problem

50kg for £20 at Chichester branch until mid March.

Back