bookers sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from mine, unfortunately didnt read the thread before. Website though showing 25Kg at £13.69. Interested to hear if the additional discount is just a local matter.

Not true,it was more propaganda put out by the BBKA"Look what we have organised for our members".

The guy who was kind enough to sort out the deal with Bookers is a member of this forum and did it for everyone.

It is open to all Beekeepers in the uk,BBKA member or not.
Funny that admin, I had to produce my membership card in order to qualify for a booker membership card . The rules laid down set the criteria for membership and are subject to local trading laws and the planning permissions of individual store outlets !!.
This is to appease retail outlets ,which see an unfair advantage if cash and carry becomes an open door to all !!

John Wilkinson

My understanding was that the deal was open to sugar buyers only?

PH

The deal struck was BBKA member ship was a qualification category

John Wilkinson

I just showed my beekeeping association card (not BBKA) and had no problem and could buy anything in the shop so not limited to just sugar.

I just showed my beekeeping association card (not BBKA) and had no problem and could buy anything in the shop so not limited to just sugar.
Beekeeping association ? easy to confuse a disinterested clerk? :coolgleamA: :smilielol5::smilielol5:

He was well aware it was a local association as he said he was interested in joining lol, and my member card of our bee club is one anyone could make if they had a laminator.

Never had to show any kind of card,just said i wanted to buy several tons of sugar a year, among other things...and it was no problem sir,we will open an account for you...and free delivery as well.

Maybe VM looked dodgy so they wanted id lol:rofl:

It's all down to confidence Pete :coolgleamA:, plus an Arthur Daley attitude .:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004

It's all down to confidence Pete :coolgleamA:, plus an Arthur Daley attitude .:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004

Could be John....i was pretty confident they would sell it to me....seems to me thats what they are most interested in...selling,as much as possible.

Could be John....i was pretty confident they would sell it to me....seems to me thats what they are most interested in...selling,as much as possible.

Too true but they've got to pay lip service to the rules :)

John Wilkinson

Many of the local farmers around this area also do there shopping in Bookers,nothing to do with sugar and bee's...maybe its just a being in buisness thing.

Many of the local farmers around this area also do there shopping in Bookers,nothing to do with sugar and bee's...maybe its just a being in buisness thing.
If you are a professional , teacher, doctor , police man, etc or are in business, farming ,retailing etc. (A bill head suffices) ,then you fulfil the requirements . :leaving:

John Wilkinson

Bookers, beekeepers and sugar - Peter McFadden - ***** BKA

Sadly the number of erronious attributions of the Booker arrangement to the BBKA have the internet effect of passing as the truth.

Say Thank you to ***** Beek eepers

Members of UK beekeeping associations are now welcome to shop at any of Booker's 173 trade-only Cash and Carry stores. Booker's price for granulated sugar is about 60p per kilo.

Booker is a trade-only wholesaler, and each member should register individually with their local store. When registering, each member should present their current BBKA membership card if in England, or their current BDI insurance certificate or local BKA membership card in Wales, or a letter from their local BKA secretary or local BKA membership card in Scotland. (There are no Booker stores in Northern Ireland). They will then be registered and able to shop straight away. A membership card will be sent by post within 14-21 days.

Payment is by cash or debit card when leaving the store. Members can visit www.booker.co.uk to find their nearest Booker store.

This new arrangement has been approved by Booker head office, Northampton in discussion with ***** BKA, North Wales.

Booker contact: Melanie Balmer
***** BKA contact: Peter McFadden
www.***************.org.uk
3rd August 2009

Origins of the booker deal, no specific mention of the BBKA :coolgleamA:

John Wilkinson

Bookers, beekeepers and sugar - Peter McFadden - C o n w y

Sadly, the degree of misunderstanding that attributes the Booker arrangement to the BBKA show little credit or respect to Peter McFadden and the Connyw Bee Keepers whom he represents.

Say Thank you to Peter from Conwwy - Bee Keepers for the arrangement.

I would spell ***** Bee Keepers correctly if I thought it would ensure the correct attribution,

A previous link is here.
post #15.

Sometimes the post preprocessing/filtering gets in the way of the facts.

BOOKER ARRANGEMENT = C O N W Y B K A NOT B B K A

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back