Booker Wholesale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megadyptes

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
One of the member benefit of BBKA related to Booker Wholesale. The info on the BBKA website isn't overly informative:

Save money at Booker wholesale when you sign up as a member.

Just show your membership card when enrolling in store to enjoy wholesale prices on a wide variety of products including sugar

The Booker website of fairly clear on them being for trade/business use only, and not for private indiviudal or the general public, so how have people found signing up as a Booker customer under the BBKA benefit of they don't run their own business?

Presumably its as a member of a charity, given that BBKA are registered as one, or is there some magical piece of paper BBKA can supply that gives Booker all the info they need?

One of the member benefit of BBKA related to Booker Wholesale. The info on the BBKA website isn't overly informative:

The Booker website of fairly clear on them being for trade/business use only, and not for private indiviudal or the general public, so how have people found signing up as a Booker customer under the BBKA benefit of they don't run their own business?

Presumably its as a member of a charity, given that BBKA are registered as one, or is there some magical piece of paper BBKA can supply that gives Booker all the info they need?

not that much of a saving in bookers, infact farmfoods were the cheapest for sugar last year.

not that much of a saving in bookers, infact farmfoods were the cheapest for sugar last year.

Yep ... I picked a load up for marmalade making from Poundstretcher recently at 35p a Kilo .. it's back up to 45p now. You just have to keep your eye open and get it when it's the right price. I don't really rate Bookers as the cheapest (or best) wholesaler around.

All good info on sugar prices, although I guess easy access to different wholesalers will depend on where you live. Sill interested in people's experience of signing up though.

All good info on sugar prices, although I guess easy access to different wholesalers will depend on where you live. Sill interested in people's experience of signing up though.

After not very long they cancelled my account because it wasn't being used enough (<once a year!)....they still, however, invite me in as a day visitor. I don't go there to buy sugar, though - as has been said, it can be found cheaper elsewhere.

Bookers is my nearest supermarket, so I am in there at least once a month. Have a farming account, but there are a number of beeks who simply show their BBKA card at each visit. Think about it. Bookers do not want to turn business away, they just need to have to have a facesaving reason to let you in.

Booze and sugar are not the cheapest. But, Bookers have a large throughput so there are often damaged or overage bargains.

I can often pick up damaged 25Kg sacks of granulated sugar for £8.50. In fact I have bought so many they suggested I was damaging them myself (it's an idea, but not necessary!). Just bought 8x500ml Rudles County for £5.40 because it was over it's useby date.

Can also recommend bulk - dog food, laundry products and Marigold gloves - or Blue Nitrile ones for those experts who do not need the reassurance of thick rubber:)

I just went to my local Booker store. Explained I was a beekeeper and that I understood there was an agreement with the BBKA. They were most helpful and signed me up immediately. When I lost my card they checked my name etc. on the computer and sent me replacement in the post. My card gives my reason for buying as beekeeper.
You would be surprised at how much Persil, PG tips and Prosecco my bees use!!!!!

I buy sugar from amazon, 25kg bags for about £23 delivered. Saves me driving anywhere .... so lazy.

I just told Bookers that I was a beekeeper and they signed me up.

One day the manager caught me buying beer and pork scratchings.
With a smile on his face he suggested those weren't for the bees.

"On the contrary," I said, "there's quite a demand for flavoured honey and I'm experimenting to see if I can create honey tasting of mild and of pork scratchings". He wasn't quite sure if I was kidding.

Dusty

Latest posts

Back